Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a honestly kind bad rattle coming from my motor, I rebuilt it and just today (taking her to the alignment shop) she started rattle, started after about 1/2 mile of driving. I replaced timing belt, head gaskets, plugs and coils, tensioner pulleys and belts, all 4 o2 sensors, front and rear cats, and a few other little things air filter ect.

She was running and idling fine before I hit the road, and during the drive, I kept the rpms low to baby her, but it got this bad rattle that allmost sounds like pistons or rockers, I did have a small tick before but I had adjusted the gap on the intake lifters ( set to .004 as engine was cold, only 1 was out of place at .006) and bled, the hydraulic lifters on the exhaust.

I did not get a CEL on the drive over, and when I arrived at the alignment shop, I double checked the oil lever, was fine. When I get her back later today I'll take a video of the sound.

There was proper power when accelerating and didn't feel any jerks or stumbles, it's not transmission as I stopped and restarted her in neutral and the sound persisted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solved... the tensioner on the timing belt, I had it set wrong... stupid me, ended up jumping timing and super loose belt fixed the issues and charging my bat (pulled her home so I wouldn't do any more possible damage, but the shop left the lights on....) now I'm just hoping no damage was done in the possible 1mile or less she was driven with that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts