Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI MITSUBISHI LOVERS :)

My 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS battery is the factory battery. (2010) the positive terminal is always getting corroded which causes my girl to not start. If I clean my battery and terminals, she starts.

Also, in the past I had my horn go off repeatedly so all I did to fix, is install a new CR1620 fob battery and fixed.
However, just the other day...since having battery issues, all of a sudden the loudest horn sound sounded consistently and only stops when I start my car. I have taken the positive and negative off for 30 minutes...then put key into on position for two min, take key out for 10 seconds, put keuy back in - but when time to start - no start! I am super frustrated and want and need my Eclipse to start and run great....please I appreciate any comments, replies, answers.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts
Battery wise:

Corrosion on the positive terminal can be caused by overcharging. If your alternator is putting out more than it should consider that to be a possible cause (proper values by temperature of the regulator below)
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

If your battery terminal connector has exposed copper and is a green corrosion build up, a dielectric grease may be what solves the issue (if not changing to a tin coated terminal connector )

If your battery is damaged, it could be leaking at the positive terminal, causing the corrosion build up.

If it's a refillable battery, and is over full, that can cause a leak at the terminal.

Alarm:

Not worth diagnosing while there's a known electrical fault

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
161 Posts
At this point in time if you are running a 12 year old car battery its probably not a bad idea to have it looked at. Most batteries tend to last between 5 - 7 years. you are at almost double that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts