Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

81 - 100 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
does anyone know how to take off the fuel door on my 2007 gs eclipse? I want to swap it out with a different one. I heard thier are screws thier but when i opend up the fuel door thier were no visiable screws.....

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
there are three bolts inside the door, surrounding the gas tank nozzle. I'll take a picture on my lunch break and show you.

·
Fresh n Clean is how I B
2,548 Posts
I know that on my 2009 eclipse there are visible screws that you can unscrew to take it off, I don't know about the 07

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Fresh n Clean is how I B
2,548 Posts
Yo jhun, about your tb thread, does putting on a custom 65mm tb on a gs reduce your mpg? Along with some of the other mods you described, jw.

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well I will say this, from my personal experience and others who have dyno'd. Without a tune the gt 65mm tb will cause you to lose power. You gain better throttle response, which gives the illusion that you gain power, but you truly lose it. I've noticed it takes longer to get to 130mph then it did before all my mods. Mainly because I need a tune. Now after reflash, it'll be a whole nother ball game. As far as mpg goes, you won't notice a difference as long as you don't always drive like crazy fast.

·
Fresh n Clean is how I B
2,548 Posts
So switching out the throttle body won't add more power??? I thought you said it would??

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
It will add more power, but not until you tune. It gives more low end tq and throttle response before and after tune.

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
absolutely. Especially after reflash or FIC. The stock one is just too small. Shoot i'm considering going even bigger than the one I have now.

·
Love My Truck
3,843 Posts
absolutely. Especially after reflash or FIC. The stock one is just too small. Shoot i'm considering going even bigger than the one I have now.
that thought has crossed my mind as well.i would love for someone to send me a proflow tb just to try on my gs for a week :naughty:..if it worked out,well i know what i would be buying next !

·
All go and no show
1,638 Posts
that thought has crossed my mind as well.i would love for someone to send me a proflow tb just to try on my gs for a week :naughty:..if it worked out,well i know what i would be buying next !
Get with animefreak, I believe he's working on a project to do with that.

·
Fresh n Clean is how I B
2,548 Posts
Ight I got you jhun, so your car won't register the difference at all until you give it a tune? Or incorporate the FIC?

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
The ecu tries it's best to take any mod you do, and convert the air flow back to stock readings. that's just the way learning ecu's work. but after reflash or fic, the ecu will be running accordingly.

·
Fresh n Clean is how I B
2,548 Posts
Ight I got you, and the FIC is something you would have to buy and then use? And then what, it just hooks up to ur car somewhere and reprograms it?

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
in your case, well honestly in anyones case, the reflash by hackish is the way to go. the fic just tricks the ecu, the reflash actually changes the ecu itself. Hackish, a member on here, does the reflash for $500 plus the cost of you to buy your own tactrix cable. give me asec and I'll go find the reflash thread for you to read through

·
All go and no show
1,638 Posts
Jhun you should include upgrading the grounding wire in this.

81 - 100 of 200 Posts