Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know there’s various posts about exhausts, and they all have great info, but I wanna start this one, mostly because it’ll be specific for my setup, and I’m sure a lot of you have experimented more with different exhausts since those threads have been made.

So I bought my third 2006 GT 6-speed, I got a sweet deal on it, considering it already came with some nice wheels and full bolt on. It already has headers, exhaust and fujita intake, (not sure if tuned). The car pulls great, but it sounds really bad and raspy... it has some cheap, no name fart can on it and no resonator I think. I’m trying to get a nice growl, with no rasp, simiar to what a GT with a straight pipe from the stock cats backs?... but anyways, if anyone has a sweet sounding setup with no rasp, please let me know what you have on, I’m not too concerned with performance seeing as there’s always gonna be something faster out there anyways, and I’d rather lose like 2 horsepower than having a car that sounds terrible

·
Registered
462 Posts
You wont be disappointed with Greddy mufflers. I love mine. My setup is RRE headers, 3in diameter pipe, no cats/ no resonator, Flowmaster Outlaw muffler then a Greddy RS muffler. VERY VERY LOW grumble thats quiet but noticeable to all car enthusiasts, and noticeable to everyone past 3000 RPMs. No rasp

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont be disappointed with Greddy mufflers. I love mine. My setup is RRE headers, 3in diameter pipe, no cats/ no resonator, Flowmaster Outlaw muffler then a Greddy RS muffler. VERY VERY LOW grumble thats quiet but noticeable to all car enthusiasts, and noticeable to everyone past 3000 RPMs. No rasp
Hey, thanks for the response! I find it interesting that you’re running 2 Muffler’s instead of 1 and a resonator of some sort.. i actually had a greddy rs on my first GT and while it didn’t sound bad, it had that “tinny” sound that most cannons have, and I’m trying to avoid that lol, that’s when I did 3 inch from the stock manifolds and I loved that sound, but, I’m not sure if it was in my head, but I felt like I lost some low end power with the 3 inch... don’t know if the headers would make up for it since I was running stock manifolds on that car

·
Registered
462 Posts
Don't run a 3in on a NA car. IM boosted so that's why Ive gone with 3in. Don't go over 2 3/4in for NA unless you are a track car only.

Here is a quick link to my set up before I was boosted with the exact items listed previously. Please ignore the little rattle as I stated to accelerate. I did not have my license plate completely bolted down so it was slapping upon revving. Lemme know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOc7wWMHvGE

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't run a 3in on a NA car. IM boosted so that's why Ive gone with 3in. Don't go over 2 3/4in for NA unless you are a track car only.

Here is a quick link to my set up before I was boosted with the exact items listed previously. Please ignore the little rattle as I stated to accelerate. I did not have my license plate completely bolted down so it was slapping upon revving. Lemme know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOc7wWMHvGE
Hey, I watched the video, and it sounded nice. Do you have any idea how’d it sound same set-up without the greddy muffler?

·
Registered
462 Posts
The number one thing that comes to mind without the RS muffler is that it would be much much louder. you would also get allot more rasp. If you Want to run the Flowmaster Outlaw muffler I suggest installing a Magnaflow resonator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have mine straight piped from the 3rd cat all the way back 2.5" piping, resonator and muffler deleted. Sounds like a 5.0 mustang and I love it! Plus it was really cheap to have done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound clips please dude

·
Registered
462 Posts
You should go through my other videos to get a better idea from different RPMs and such. Just take a look through my channel. I have changed this car so much from the time this had been filmed. I’ll update my build here soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts