Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you. I have more to upload, but I will not be able to do so until later in the week. Also, I ordered the part, and w/ shipping it is around $25.
Thank you again Dookeman. I got it fixed this saturday and filled the car with freon. I'm now enjoying ice cold a/c for about an hour of work and 45$ to cover the resister and 2 cans of freon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you again Dookeman. I got it fixed this saturday and filled the car with freon. I'm now enjoying ice cold a/c for about an hour of work and 45$ to cover the resister and 2 cans of freon.
No problem! Did that fix the problem with the ac as well?

Here is a schematic if anyone is interested:

The connection between m1 and m2 on my resistor was broken.
Will install mine tomorrow. Just in time for the hot weather.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do somebody know the part number of the resistor? I only found for Eclipse 2008-2010 models. Is it same for 2007?
Thanks!

·
4,111 Posts
Do somebody know the part number of the resistor? I only found for Eclipse 2008-2010 models. Is it same for 2007?
Thanks!
They should be the same, the only thing you need to be careful of is there are two types of AC/Heater systems. One is the manual type, and the other is the Auto type, i.e. if you can set the temps, i.e. 65-70-85 degrees. The manual type just has the blue to red around the dial, i.e. cold, med, hot. Sorry, I don't know the part numbers.

·
Mistah Bushi
20 Posts
Mine went out this week as well! Must be a seasonal thing this time of year. Buying my part tonight.

Thanks to Dookeman for the write-up!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Just joined today. I own 2007 GS Spyder. I dont know about cars, but mine is having a problem very similar to the one described above, but not exactly the same.

Here goes. If I turn on the AC, the green AC light will be 'on' for setting number 1. However, no air movement at all comes out. If I turn the dial to 2, 3, or 4, the green AC light goes off, and no AC comes out, but it blows out air like one would expect.

I have resorted to leaving it on setting 1 with the AC 'on', even though nothing comes out. No cold air, no warm air. After about 30 seconds, I can flip the dial to 2, 3, or 4 and it will blow cold air for about 5 seconds. So I dont believe I need a recharge of AC.

After searching the net for about an hour, I came upon this thread. I am thinking about trying this for the $20 cost and 1 hour of time. For those that have done this is it pretty basic? Like I said, not very good with cars at all.

Thanks for the time, great forum with great info.

-will

·
4,111 Posts
I would look at replacing the resistor, the resistor controls the fan motor.

If the AC is low on freon the green AC light on your control switch will "Flash", so if the AC light is not flashing, then your freon is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, Will. I have a 2007 GS with the EXACT SAME problem... Green on blower setting 1 but then goes blue for 2-4. Please please please let me know what you find out! I'm almost starting to wonder if A/C only works on low with these models? I have no idea why the air only works on blower setting 1. Makes no sense. I do the same thing as you. Turn it on one, then crank it up and you get some nice cool air for like 10 seconds lol... I need help! Thanks!

Hello. Just joined today. I own 2007 GS Spyder. I dont know about cars, but mine is having a problem very similar to the one described above, but not exactly the same.

Here goes. If I turn on the AC, the green AC light will be 'on' for setting number 1. However, no air movement at all comes out. If I turn the dial to 2, 3, or 4, the green AC light goes off, and no AC comes out, but it blows out air like one would expect.

I have resorted to leaving it on setting 1 with the AC 'on', even though nothing comes out. No cold air, no warm air. After about 30 seconds, I can flip the dial to 2, 3, or 4 and it will blow cold air for about 5 seconds. So I dont believe I need a recharge of AC.

After searching the net for about an hour, I came upon this thread. I am thinking about trying this for the $20 cost and 1 hour of time. For those that have done this is it pretty basic? Like I said, not very good with cars at all.

Thanks for the time, great forum with great info.

-will

·
4,111 Posts
Same thing, follow the how to on this page, that part is less then $35, and it only takes some basic tools and about 30 minutes to an hour to change out the part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, it does sound similar to the main posts in this thread. However, what Will described was exactly the same problem I am having, so I was just wondering if it solved his problem as well.

Only thing is I am no handyman, but it doesn't sound all too hard....

Thanks for the reply!

Same thing, follow the how to on this page, that part is less then $35, and it only takes some basic tools and about 30 minutes to an hour to change out the part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I ordered the part last week and decided to give it a try today.

Part I ordered was from rockauto; AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 3A1300

Shipped very fast. I just have a 2007 GS Spyder.

Took out the glove compartment, took off the glove compartment backing. Both were easy, though I had to get a little forceful with the glove compartment backing. Once those are off you can see the view from Dookeman (he labeled it under step 6).

The blower motor resistor is towards the back and the picture has the arrow pointing at it. Its the part with wires and white connector in the photo. There are two screws as indicated by his picture; one on the passenger side of the piece, and one on the drivers side. The connector is located in between. I got the screw on the right side out fine with the 1 1/2" screwdriver. The limited space wont allow for even that small of a screwdriver to get the screw on the drivers side.

I had to go run to Home Depot to get a rachet, because I couldn't get the 1 1/2" screwdriver to line up properly. The one I bought was only $5. It was a Husky brand 19-Piece 1/4 in. Drive Socket Set

It was small enough to get back there, though, I could only rotate the screw about 1/4 of a revolution with each turn due to the limited room to move back there. So be patient, and keep loosening it out, 1/4 at a time. Got the second screw out, and just popped off the connector, and put the new resistor on.

Then screwed it back into place with the screw on the right side, and turned on the car and AC. Worked perfect. I didnt put the screw back on the left hand side. It was getting hot, the AC was working, and people were looking at me all contorted in my car in the Home Depot parking lot.

Thanks to all who replied in this thread. Like I said earlier, I know NOTHING about cars, but with the proper tools (and it was cheap), it was easy. Wish I had found this site sooner!

Thanks again,

-will

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all the help everyone! I bought the part last week ($28.08 total including shipping) from discountmitsubishiparts.com

I installed it yesterday. Everything was going smoothly except that final screw. Took me probably an hour to get that out, and then another hour to get it back on after installing the new resistor... and I scraped up my arm pretty good too ha

But the AC works on 1-4 now and my blower setting 3 works again too!

I hope it's okay that you left the one screw off, Will. Those resistors get really hot, and hopefully that hot air doesn't come up into your dash/glove box.

For me, the top right screw on the glove box won't go back in after I took it out and put it back. Hopefully that doesn't give me any problems either!

·
Eclipse GT Fanatic
33 Posts
Thanks GVS and Vision! Just ordered mine and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, getting the ratchet you spoke of and I am mechanically inclined so hopefully this fixes my problem too.

Here's the actually info for anyone who is curious.

Resistor, Resistor
RESISTOR-HEATER
AIR CONDITIONER & HEATER »Blower motor & fan
Mitsubishi › Eclipse › 2006-2011
List Price : $24.48
Your Price : $19.58

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered mine pluged it in and it works on high weather the switch is on or off or anywhere in between I have a gt and guy told me at t the dealer p/n mr513289 would fix my problem any suggestions? ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
same problem

i have the same problem but with me it turns on in 1 but no air comes out. when i switch to 2-4 it turnes off and air comes out but not cold

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dealer assuRes me I need the resistor and not transistor and that transistor is separate part... he's wrong right???

21 - 40 of 77 Posts