Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently have a 4G69 in a 12’ galant. Used a 4-4-4 header but can’t remember the exact parts dealer but it was a really good rated one interchangeable to all 4G69 engines. Cat back straight pipe and weapon r sr intake. I installed new o2 sensors that fit nicely into the headers but these are all the codes in getting.
Bank 2 warm up catalyst efficiency
Bank 2 system too lean
oxygen circuit no activity bank 2 sensor one
O2 sensor low voltage bank 2 sensor one
Bank 2 warm up catalyst efficiency bank one
Bank one too rich
I have no idea where to start as everything is brand new, not even 70k on the engine, if anyone can point me into a direction, that would be great

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the O2 sensors in good condition? Wires for them?
Yeah brand new, not even 7k miles on em, wires seem to be in good order as well. Might need to replace my down streams as well as my cat. Only replaced upstream sensors so imma have to see if maybe I replace the cat and down streams it might fix it. Maf sensor only has ab 10k on it, no signs of vacuum leaks or anything so it’s weird issue

·
2,510 Posts
Yeah brand new, not even 7k miles on em, wires seem to be in good order as well. Might need to replace my down streams as well as my cat. Only replaced upstream sensors so imma have to see if maybe I replace the cat and down streams it might fix it. Maf sensor only has ab 10k on it, no signs of vacuum leaks or anything so it’s weird issue
Are they all Denso? Maf too?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
Do you mean a 4-1? If so, is it that Chinese crap one that doesn't read both banks, and you need to add an O2 bung to runner #1 to fix your air fuel ratios

PS: You absolutely do not need to run Denso, I haven't in 6 years

This header will cause a whole bunch of codes. If you bought it, I hope it was dirt cheap

·
Soon to be SC'd :)
2008 Eclipse GT
29,030 Posts
Did you try the start up procedure? Where you disconnect the battery and reset the computer and let it re-learn the system? If not look it up...it will probably help with some of those codes. It goes something like this. Disconnect the negative side of the battery...let it sit for a couple of minutes. Reconnect it...turn on the key but do not start the engine let it sit for a couple of minutes then turn off completely. Then turn on and start the engine and let it idle...the idle will go up and down as it searches for its new "happy spot". Then turn off again and let it sit ...restart the engine and take it to 2 k rpms and hold it. Turn off agin. Restart and go for test drive both easy driving and stomping it a few times. The computer will adjust to the new configuration. Look this procedure up in the club or on the web as my memory of the exact procedure is foggy. Hope this helps.

·
2,510 Posts
Did you try the start up procedure? Where you disconnect the battery and reset the computer and let it re-learn the system? If not look it up...it will probably help with some of those codes. It goes something like this. Disconnect the negative side of the battery...let it sit for a couple of minutes. Reconnect it...turn on the key but do not start the engine let it sit for a couple of minutes then turn off completely. Then turn on and start the engine and let it idle...the idle will go up and down as it searches for its new "happy spot". Then turn off again and let it sit ...restart the engine and take it to 2 k rpms and hold it. Turn off agin. Restart and go for test drive both easy driving and stomping it a few times. The computer will adjust to the new configuration. Look this procedure up in the club or on the web as my memory of the exact procedure is foggy. Hope this helps.
Turning the key to the run position without cranking the engine for about 1 minute allows the throttle body to relearn its positions
Then crank the engine and let it idle for a few minutes to relearn fuel trims

whenever you pull the battery power, make sure to relearn your windows

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
124 Posts
You probably need to weld a bung into runner 1. That's the only issue I've ever heard of people having when running that header.

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse gs
14 Posts
Well you will have the cat efficiency codes because you got rid of the upper catalytic convertors with that header. Sometimes putting a sparkplug anti fouler on the lower o2 sensors will maybe help with those codes. Does that header have places for all 4 o2 sensors?

·
2,510 Posts
Well you will have the cat efficiency codes because you got rid of the upper catalytic convertors with that header. Sometimes putting a sparkplug anti fouler on the lower o2 sensors will maybe help with those codes. Does that header have places for all 4 o2 sensors?
The header only holds the upstream sensors, the bottom ones are in the downpipe

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse gs
14 Posts
Well all I have ever heard is a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 header not a 4-4-4 header so I was asking and also the pic referenced by Sabertooth has them all in the header not the down pipe.....

·
2,510 Posts
Well all I have ever heard is a 4-2-1 and a 4-1 header not a 4-4-4 header so I was asking and also the pic referenced by Sabertooth has them all in the header not the down pipe.....
You’re right that one he showed has all 4 in the actual header, or might be missing some idk

I have the stock pipes and it’s 4-2-1 and the header piece itself is about half that size and only holds the upstream sensors, a separate downpipe holds the downstream sensors

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that was my mistake, the headers are a 4-2-1 design, only has 2 upstream, the other 2 are on the downstream, I was thinking of something else when I was referencing the header design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 2 defoulers, but I’m worried the 02s are going to be froze in place since they have never been removed and are the stock 02 on the downstream. I may have to buy new 02s for the downstream and than install the defoulers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you mean a 4-1? If so, is it that Chinese crap one that doesn't read both banks, and you need to add an O2 bung to runner #1 to fix your air fuel ratios

PS: You absolutely do not need to run Denso, I haven't in 6 years

This header will cause a whole bunch of codes. If you bought it, I hope it was dirt cheap
View attachment 102168
No I meant 4-2-1, I was thinking of something else and my mind confused the too when I’m was writing. They are road race engineering, good quality

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Turning the key to the run position without cranking the engine for about 1 minute allows the throttle body to relearn its positions
Then crank the engine and let it idle for a few minutes to relearn fuel trims

whenever you pull the battery power, make sure to relearn your windows
I will try this and see if it helps thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will look it up and see, will keep you guys updated on how it goes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts