Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a SIMPLE way to boot a OS from a USB-stick/USB-Drive?

I found one from googling but it Looks pretty confusing. Anyone know of a simpler way to do this.

I have an Acer Aspire One, and obviously it doe not have a optical drive and it also doesnt have a OS installed, so I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

Here's a link to the tutorial I found:
http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=4900

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how to boot from devices, it just that you need to make the device BOOTABLE, and that's what I'm trying to figure out how to do with the USB, trying to make it BOOTABLE so that I can boot it via bios so I can format the system.

·
^ 4G The Ulimate SUV!
419 Posts
There is not a lot of OS's that can boot from a thumb drive. Its most likely going to be a linux OS. I know some that can boot from a cd and run like that. Its the same comcept. Just throw it in your thumb drive instead. Try google'ing bootable CD OS. Or thumb drive OS. Something along those lines.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you clicked the LINK, that's how you boot a XP OS SETUP install from a USB, i am asking if anyone knows of an easier way.

·
Professional Jackass
122 Posts
Try searching for Windows XP embedded. You can download free tools to format the drive, make it bootable, and create the files from your XP cd. Also look into nlite.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, I ended up using an external CD drive, which I had to wait a week for Acer to send me the damn recovery disk, cause I didn't want to bootleg the system.

·
Droganto
2,703 Posts
:noplease: Next time email me. I have the instructions and the program to create USB Bootable drives. :p

Nope, I ended up using an external CD drive, which
I had to wait a week for Acer to send me the damn recovery disk, cause I didn't want to bootleg the system.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually yeah I did figure out how to do it. Just that I didn't have the Acer recover on the USB. haha. I had a XP OS from a different disk, and it installed, but didnt recognize witht he system so i just hooke dup a usb optical drive and installed acer's disk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts