Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So that some of you will benefit from my experience. I needed to change my upstream, driver's side oxygen sensor. I went to RockAuto and ordered a Bosch 15582 oxygen sensor. In the description for this part, it says that the wires from the sensor to the plug is 18.1". After removing the old sensor, imagine my disappointment when I realize the wires on this new part were 16" long and too short to plug in. RockAuto explained the problem as a possible "mis-boxed item and sent me a replacement after they received the first part. They did email me a prepaid shipping label. After receiving the second part, imagine my disappointment when this sensor also had 16" long wires. So, apparently Bosch #15582 is NOT the right part for a 2.4L GS, upstream/ driver's side oxygen sensor replacement. Just a little advice...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"I also ordered this and got too short of a cord, just said f it and got the Denso one"
So, the Denso fits properly? Cool, I was kind of reluctant to order this one after the BS I went through.
You think that they would have made sure the replacement part matched their description after I returned the first one, but I guess that's to much to ask for.

·
2,510 Posts
Yeah the best is whatever was OEM for that car or manufacturer

Japanese cars just use denso

GM or european use Bosch typically

I did extend the cord on the Bosch sensor by cutting the pigtail off the end of the original sensor and splicing them together, although it looked ghetto and I was afraid it would eventually prematurely fail anyway, and I ended up getting it for free after complaining to amazon that it didn’t work as expected and got a full refund, I decided to take it out and put a new OEM denso part in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts