Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear bumper assembly on my '06 Eclipse keeps coming off and flapping in the wind while I drive along the interstate. I'm not a "car guy" so of course I did all kinds of stupid things, including glue and zip ties, to keep it attached. It's only getting worse, so I recently purchased some ALL-FIT Bumper Quick Release kits. My question is, I need to drill into the exterior rear panel on both sides of the vehicle, and I can't figure out how to remove the panel in the picture I have attached. I plan to drill roughly where I have placed the 2 black dots in the photo. If anyone can offer a hand on how to remove the side panel so that I can attach the washer on the inside of the panel, that would be a great help. Thanks.

-Nathan

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,949 Posts
Hey Nathan, just a thought, you may be better off just removing the splash guard from inside the wheel well and accessing it that way.

It's held in by a whole bunch of these guys which hopefully you can unscrew, but if not you can pry the heads up on them and then the body of them pulls out fairly easily. If prying, I suggets something forked. If using a flat head screwdriver, be very careful. When they slip they can cut pretty deep

I think there are also some 10mm bolts in there. I haven't had to play with the rear paneling much, but this should be the easiest route.

Alternative is you could drop the rear bumper and fix the root of the problem. Still requires the splash guard out

·
Registered
2 Posts
The rear bumper assembly on my '06 Eclipse keeps coming off and flapping in the wind while I drive along the interstate. I'm not a "car guy" so of course I did all kinds of stupid things, including glue and zip ties, to keep it attached. It's only getting worse, so I recently purchased some ALL-FIT Bumper Quick Release kits. My question is, I need to drill into the exterior rear panel on both sides of the vehicle, and I can't figure out how to remove the panel in the picture I have attached. I plan to drill roughly where I have placed the 2 black dots in the photo. If anyone can offer a hand on how to remove the side panel so that I can attach the washer on the inside of the panel, that would be a great help. Thanks.

-Nathan
Question what should I buy to drill into the car to put these in ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Nathan, just a thought, you may be better off just removing the splash guard from inside the wheel well and accessing it that way.

It's held in by a whole bunch of these guys which hopefully you can unscrew, but if not you can pry the heads up on them and then the body of them pulls out fairly easily. If prying, I suggets something forked. If using a flat head screwdriver, be very careful. When they slip they can cut pretty deep

I think there are also some 10mm bolts in there. I haven't had to play with the rear paneling much, but this should be the easiest route.

Alternative is you could drop the rear bumper and fix the root of the problem. Still requires the splash guard out
My rear bumper on my 4g is sagging a bit u can see the gap between the light and the rear bumper looks like ther was a fin on the bumper that inserted into the tail light to keep in place am I wrong or right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts