Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a pair of Black Zinc electro coated SLOTTED rotors from C Quence. They had a sale so I got them shitted to me for $130 which seems like a good price considering the other prices that I saw on rotors. These are made in California and made to order.

The rotors were shipped in basic cardboard boxes, and wrapped in paper. I think this was a poor choice because as soo as I opened the box I saw some chips on the edges of the hub, just a few, about 3 bad spots total. I also notices the vented area looked like it was rushed, not as good of a coating as the rest.

With ALL zinc coated rotors, you will find that the pads rub the zinc off in about 5 feet of driving. As far as I know they all do this and its OK The point of the zinc is to coat everything the pads DONT touch.

I will return to this review in about 6 months and give you my thoughts about them and how well they have held up.

C Quence offers Street, Sport, and Performance. I ordered the performance, the Street didnt have a Slotted only option. They charge an extra 10$ for the zinc coating and have Gold Silver and Black. No charge for Silver.

The rotors are G3000 Cast Iron.

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Performance Series Dimpled Slotted Brake Rotors | Cquence.net

All Cquence brake rotors (OE replacement or drilled and slotted) are sourced from leading manufacturers ensuring the highest quality control standards and superior manufacturing processes. These manufacturing processes include but are not limited to:

Double disc grinding for a precise and smooth friction surface
Mill balancing for enhanced rotating balance
ISO 9000 Certification
Silver zinc comes standard for all Cquence Street Series and Performance Series brake rotors. (Black and gold zinc available--please call for details)
Black electro-coating for corrosion protection (Cquence Premium Series)
High carbon metallurgy for select applications
G3000 or G3500 grade casting
TUV approved (where applicable) a German safety verification process

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
best I can tell its measuring 1.5 inches. Its a very tight fit in there, front and back both measured the same.

Also my rims measured 19.5 inches but I know they are 18s... I guess they measure from the inside?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thank you sir! erep!

Wheel sizes are based on the tire bead. So those stock 18''x8'' will actually be closer to 19.5''x9'' when measured on the exterior edges. I'm trying to see if we can stuff an 18''x9.5'' +40 under there.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well a year and some change later. its looking like the zinc coating isnt all its cracked up to be. These things arent rust proof. They honestly look like any other rotor now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts