Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey eh!
for all the original 4g members I am still alive!! and those of you that don't know me or my car... I throw up a couple recent pics and elaborate on the ongoing work.

SO! I baught the car new off the lot back in 05 (06 model) and did all the mods I could ASAP and trailed off....(have been building a house ground up with no mortgage for the last 5 years and decided to take a break) but I started with new rims, headlight and fog HIDS, 3" with 3rd car delete with magnaflow muffler custom bent at the time @local shop and sounds good, AEM FIC with brianJ harness, brianJ foglight mod, proflow GT red powder coated over bored throttle body, plenum spacers, ingals torque damper, CAI, AEM wideband, obx headers and lambo doors.

well now 8 years later the crappy mitsu paint is falling off and time to put some TLC in the old girl so I am doing a full D speed body kit, VIS monster style carbon fiber hood, VIS rear trunk lid, vented fiberglass fenders, putting the stock rims back on painted gun metal, evo 8 carbon fiber wing and carbon fiber overlay on the roof.

This thread will be done in multiple stages so that why I wouldn't like to keep it mostly to my posts, first with a back story, then body work going on as we speak, than this winter (in Canada - all winter project using a friends garage for boosting)

looking ahead- for my boost setup im looking to mock up a low boost setup until I can rebuild the motor (6-8 lbs most) with a low budget build (only 60k on the motor anyways). I already have 6 pink wrx injectors, turbo timer and custom dual front mount intercooler (aem FIC and wideband already installed). once I have everything working great I will be starting an AWD conversion as well, the Russians aren't the only ones that can get er done!!!!

the car I current at my buddys bod shop and pics will be posted as it is done!! so be patient!!!!

link to my interior build:
Full audio and paint

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice to see another Canadian building a monster.

·
The "Touring" Eclipse
1,698 Posts
good luck with this OP. can't wait to see the finished project
you gonna stick with sunset pearl

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes the plan is to keep the sunset pearl but incorporate as much carbon fiber as possible, tear down has started and the rims are painted and on the car. last night I took the headlights home to take them apart and is as easy as everyone says it is 250 degrees for 20 min does the trick, will be painting the chrome orange and adding a halo. the round lens does come out if you look at the bottom and take a screw out first... its ok to put them in the over at 2am after a dozen beers and pull them apart or you may break off one of the tips.....

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all lambo kits require the doors to open normal for the door panels to clear your B-pillar and I have had them on long enough that im guilty of being lazy of just opening them and getting in without lifting the doors. id say they open about 1/2 what they do from factory then up to about 60 degrees. these are made by verticle door inc direct bolt on with minor cutting and good to extent your wiring harness, fit great only wish they made a dual shock kit to make it easy to close and not just open but got it off of ebay for $800 so cant complain too much.

I was at the shop and snapped a couple more pics, also made room for the intercooler

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update from the shop and he just about has the fenders fitted ready for priming so he is moving onto the body kit, full D-speed fiberglass kit, the front fitted well but may have to be trimmed a little for the intercooler but the rear bumper was way out and will have to be split and narrowed 2". the intercooler is ready to mount so he will start with the front I assume and the side skirts will be molded into the body. I was unsure about what to do with the fog lights.... I was going to trim and mold them into the bump (took a pic) but finally decided to just put the mesh in and mount them in behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so epic fail on trying to take apart the rear taillights... it got left in the over too long and warped the clear part of the taillight that I had night shaded. the plan was to take off the night shade off of the lens and night shade the chrome piece inside which turned out amazing and would recommend it rather than painting them so too bad I wrecked the one taillight. so I had to order a set of aftermarket instead :pat:

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey all, so another update: all the body kit is on roughly with the intercooler mounted up front, the side skirts and rear bumper had to be shortened by 2" as shown and skirts are being molded to the body. next is the carbon fiber, fitting the hood, rear hatch and evo wing

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice! Whyd the side skirts need to be shortened?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
bad fitment... same with the rear bumper, not sure if they all need to be shortened of they just screwed up on mine but they always put in fine print some modification required and I see why... their pure laziness for lack of Q&A or maybe it just grew in the mail....

update: ordered a new deatschwerks dw65c fuel pump, hotter plugs, omnipower map sensor, Subaru pink 550cc injectors, 3g exhaust manifolds are at a local wrecking yard. just made up on my mind on turbos and ordered 2- TD05H 16G 50 trim should work out good

today I got the exhaust manifolds from the wreckers and started putting the headlights back together, the halos I only had a 9v battery kicking around so they are not fully lit, I originally had a light coat of night shade on them but found it clouded the painted bezel and defeated the purpose so clear it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
so the shop closed for a week while he is on vacation so not much progress on the body work but I have been ordering parts like a mad man, just got a 260lpm fuel pump, 14" push fans, td05 turbos, elbows, spark plugs, exhaust manifolds. still need to get a few gauges, a BOV and some fittings that I may wait and see how everything fits first.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice parts coming in. But why that intake? Is that better than out stock intake?

·
U Feel'n Some Type Of Way
878 Posts
so the shop closed for a week while he is on vacation so not much progress on the body work but I have been ordering parts like a mad man, just got a 260lpm fuel pump, 14" push fans, td05 turbos, elbows, XG350 intake manifold, spark plugs, exhaust manifolds. still need to get a few gauges, a BOV and some fittings that I may wait and see how everything fits first.
Getting more and more interesting...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice parts coming in. But why that intake? Is that better than out stock intake?
it has shorter runners and larger tube on top fitted with variable plastic valves that Hyundai uses but all that will be gutted for the pure reason of volume which will result in more mid top end torque. When the intake manifold is off for plugs and injectors I will see how the castings matching up and probably port and polish the bottom as well. I will be starting mods to the xg350 upper in the next few weeks.

currently I have a AEM FIC installed on the car and tuned for N/A mods but once I start tearing into the motor I plan to take the stock computer to PSI tuning for a reflash to get everything going but plan to take the whole car there when its done for proper tune up and dyno

realistically the car wont be back from the body shop for another month but hopefully before next year... but until then trying to think of everything possible I need for the build. I will be ordering more flanges soon and probably some bungs once I figure out what I am going to do for all the O2 sensors, 2nd will be in the downpipe after the turbo and the 1st one I am going to see if I can find a threaded adaptor for the O2 to fit in where the EGR was on the 3g manifold (can see the EGR pipes in a previous manifold pic)

BOV is on order as well

edit: brain fart - I may try and use the existing nut on the EGR, drill the tube out and tap it for O2 treads and the nut will act as a spacer to help with trouble codes.... just hope the OD of the EGR tube is smaller than the O2 sensor

1 - 20 of 53 Posts