Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Eclipse GS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced my timing belt a few weeks ago and after replacing it we noticed the car would bog out at around 4k rpms at this time it was throwing the code P001A. So we redid it and made sure tension torque and etc. was correct. Then took it for a drive and now it bogs out at 5k rpms and is throwing the code P001A, P003C and P0442. Any ideas on a fix or if any of you have experienced it. I was using this site for reference on helping but don't want to make any hasty purchases lol PartsAvatar.ca - Engine Trouble OBD II Code P003C

·
2,690 Posts
So I replaced my timing belt a few weeks ago and after replacing it we noticed the car would bog out at around 4k rpms at this time it was throwing the code P001A. So we redid it and made sure tension torque and etc. was correct. Then took it for a drive and now it bogs out at 5k rpms and is throwing the code P001A, P003C and P0442. Any ideas on a fix or if any of you have experienced it. I was using this site for reference on helping but don't want to make any hasty purchases lol PartsAvatar.ca - Engine Trouble OBD II Code P003C
GS or GT?
anyway, the timing belt might be a tooth off

also, P001A and P003C are not valid codes, what code reader gave u those?

·
2,690 Posts
Interesting

i was under the assumption that blue driver was supposed to be pretty good, but, those two codes are not codes that are Mitsubishi or generic OBD codes

I’ll recommend you get another kind of scan tool to read it and the Mitsubishi specific codes, maybe even a free auto parts store check?

·
Registered
2009 Eclipse GS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting

i was under the assumption that blue driver was supposed to be pretty good, but, those two codes are not codes that are Mitsubishi or generic OBD codes

I’ll recommend you get another kind of scan tool to read it and the Mitsubishi specific codes, maybe even a free auto parts store check?
Ok I'll go to my local Napa sometime this week or tomorrow and tell ya the codes I get then thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts