Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,

So after a few weeks of driving my car after getting the Crankshaft sensor replacing. Everything was running smooth as far as I could tell.
Then a week ago I was driving it to work and while in 4th gear coming to a stop, the car lost engine power. I then tried turning it back on after coming off the road and it kept sounding like it was trying to crank but never came back up. No smoke was coming out of it. Had to get it towed back. When I got home for the day, just me being curious, I tried turning the car on and it had a Service engine light on. Turned it off and left it as is.

Next day, tried seeing what was the problem with it and tried turning it on again and the service engine light was off. Drove it for a bit like 2 minutes without it getting to full operating temps and it ran. Today, I then tried leaving it on for a while to see if it would shut off again and it shut off, not even reaching full temp, just reaching the first line in the dash. I checked to see if anything looked off, fuses, air filter, had someone try cranking it and the fuel pump did sound like it was running.

If anyone has had a similar issue like this I would like some help to get this resolved, I do not have a obd reader but that is going to be a future plan since I found a love for working on my car by myself.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,295 Posts
The $15 Bluetooth modules on Amazon work just fine. Elm327 and a free app like Torque Lite, and an android phone can read codes and live data.

iPhones are more tricky, you'll need a wifi based module, and I can't steer you in any specific direction. They're not uncommon, I just don't know anything to look for in one, or what's to be expected price wise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have and currently am having a similar situation. Change out your maf (mass air flow) sensor. It’s located on your intake assembly next to your air filter. That should stop your car from cutting off while idling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got an obd reader.
I checked the codes and I got a few
P0335 - crankshaft position sensor :/ just had that replaced sadly
The rest was A/C related so ill leave those be at the moment.
I'll try the MAF sensor and see if that works for me

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,295 Posts
I finally got an obd reader.
I checked the codes and I got a few
P0335 - crankshaft position sensor :/ just had that replaced sadly
The rest was A/C related so ill leave those be at the moment.
I'll try the MAF sensor and see if that works for me
Just throwing money at the problem isn't a fix. A crank sensor wiring or reluctor wheel issue is infinitely more likely.

·
2,802 Posts
Ok so for the P0355 code, tell me, did you ever have a crank no start? Or failing starter that didn’t even turn the engine over when you turned the key?

or is that code set from the engine dying while it was already running?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So instead of buying the MAF sensor, I just went ahead and tried an ECU reset following the instructions from another user
Code came back and it shut off again. Gonna contact the mechanic that did the original fix and see what he can do about it.

I'll update after

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
23 Posts
P0335 is a circuit malfunction. That is an electrical issue. Did you check to make sure the sensor is plugged in properly? If it ran for a couple weeks the mechanic may have broken the lock tab and it vibrated itself loose.

·
2,802 Posts
P0335 is a circuit malfunction. That is an electrical issue. Did you check to make sure the sensor is plugged in properly? If it ran for a couple weeks the mechanic may have broken the lock tab and it vibrated itself loose.
A P0355 is a no response from the crank sensor, for whatever reason; it can be set falsely at any no crank no start condition as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts