Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Car wont start, no codes , battery is charged

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  now4g 
#1 ·
Ok so my car wouldnt turn on last week, and threw some codes. Cylinder 3 misfire and bad fuel injector. So I replaced all 4 fuel injectors, and those codes went away but now I had a new issue. Camshaft sensor was bad, i replaced that yesterday...it still wont turn on. When i try to start the car the SES light comes on but goes away before the code reader can see what it is. What else could be wrong with my car? I have an 08 gs 172k miles

#3 ·
It turns over just fine, my only guess is maybe my timing is off? Or is there something else that might of went wrong when the crankshaft sensor went bad?

#6 ·
I can hear the fuel pump start when I put the cat in the on position and they are new spark plugs battery is full.

#7 ·
I had this issue and it was the plug on the passthrough for the CPS. Check wires, because my car was misfiring and whenever I wiggle the CPS plug it stops misfiring and starts right up. Check the fuel pump under the rear seat, check to see if you have fuel flowing from the pump and pressure at the fuel rail (I just popped off the hoses and checked, since it’s a no start, we’re just looking for ANY fuel).

#8 ·
If you only have yourslef to check the fuel pull the line off the fuel rail stick it in a pop bottle then turn your car to the on position to cycle the fule pump. Then turn it off and check the bottle.

No fule check relay, then fuel filter if you can hear your pump

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I'll do both , I'll see if its pump anything

#10 ·
Interest thing is that our cars don’t have external fuel filters, it’s a sock in the pump. With 175k miles, that could be a problem. If no fuel is flowing from the pump from the hose on the rail, you know where to look next. If you do have fuel, I’d check the spark. Lots of things can cause a no spark.

#11 ·
Well fuel is flowing I just checked the line right b4 the fuel pump. Also what does CPS stand for sorry not familiar with that term

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.