Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Interior Bits

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Sabertooth^2 
#1 ·
I've been doing some searching for interior bits here and there to spice up my interior, I recently came across some of J-Rods' work with his CF-like interior pieces. Does anyone know if people are selling these, or even better, does he still make these for a price?

Lets see what everyone has for some cool interior parts!

#2 ·
A friend of mine bought some CF and is making some odds and ends for his EG civic. Looking at his photos, and the amount of work involved, I think vinyl wrapping is the way to go for interior parts.

Most interior bits are so light anyway, how much will you gain from replacing them with CF anyway? Unless it’s something that is broken and you want more strength maybe it makes sense? I dunno.

I think I will vinyl wrap some the cheapo looking fake aluminum stuff.

#3 ·
Lets see what everyone has for some cool interior parts!
The only carbon fiber in mine is on the shifter knob (ironic because it's a heavy weighted knob). This is my GS, modified to take power seats, a different headliner, terracotta interior swapped in, and overall just restored.

Under all that, is a bunch of sound deadening

And I have no idea how it sounds inside, as the car hasn't been on a single time since I put an interior into it (formerly gutted racecar). But when I bang on the panels, they're significantly deeper tone, don't reverberate near as much, and are quieter. It so far seems promising.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.