Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well first off i started a little Modification Company called "Jrods Mods"...

Well i have developed a way to deliver carbon fiber strength and look with a metal like substance that chemically bonds to whatever plastic component i am given... i have completed some for 3 vehicles now.

pros:
harder than real CF
doesn't scratch or have resin bubbles
doesn't yellow in heat or in direct sun
can conform in very complicated pieces
is wonderful in wear areas most of the time those are very visual pieces
it is 1/2 to 1/4 the cost of real CF

cons:
it is NOT Carbon fiber
it is twice the price of the overlay stickers
it takes me a long while to complete a piece

here are some b4 and after pictures... also check out my ride and you can find more pictures of it installed on "army_ofone" ride or my ride...

EVERY MEMBER from the 2009 Austin 4G Meet saw the CF in person and the detail of the fibers as well as it's durability...

EVERY SINGLE Piece that JrodsMods makes is signed and numbered... it might not mean much to anyone but that shows i 100% back everything i will EVER make... here are the pics ;)

Stock OEM deck face (150 SHIPPED)SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Door Sills SET SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clock Dome (100 SHIPPED)SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here are the two hatch covers that are soon to be wrapped... one doesn't have the pivot posts on it so ill be making them in aluminum once completed...

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ALL PRICES THAT ARE GIVEN INCLUDE SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^all shipping is packed to insure your items get to you on time and in perfect condition...

Also ILL WORK A DEAL TO SOMEONE WHO TAKES IT ALL AS A PACKAGE (it is less on shipping for me)

Here are some ALTERED pictures to show the items in a different light and some that i sold (the badass filter )
b4

AFTER!!!!!

·
Gots me a sooby
5,908 Posts
o my lord yes, also might want to make the pics a tad bit smaller xD. Do you have a back emblem done?

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is for all you Working Foke with Filters on your computers and u can't see photobucket... if you need more detail find a way to look at my pics above... or send me your email in a PM ;)

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o my lord yes, also might want to make the pics a tad bit smaller xD. Do you have a back emblem done?
hahahaha i was doing it when u posted this... i just want to let you guys see all the detail and the quality of what i do :)

and thanks AC... if u guys want a opinion on it (honest) ask Jb4g, AC, or like i said any of the guys that attended that meet ;)

·
Gots me a sooby
5,908 Posts
aww

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B4 i dip these Hatch Covers... and yes i cut out the letters as well so you can either do you own lighting solution or i can :)

·
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..
2,681 Posts
well....when you are ready to get back in the game let me know buddy. still got that project you and i spoke of. I wasnt ready to shop yet anyways though so i guess it worked out :) Hope whatever you are dealing with personally gets resolved.

shit looks really good though man

·
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<
23,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well....when you are ready to get back in the game let me know buddy. still got that project you and i spoke of. I wasn't ready to shop yet anyways though so i guess it worked out :) Hope whatever you are dealing with personally gets resolved.

shit looks really good though man
thanks man and i am really trying to keep my head above water... kera and i are still doing great and the saints are holding in there so ill be fine i just need time to figure out all the details... ill post one day the start of all this (when i get back to a normal pace)
Does that include shipping to the Hawaiian isles
honda hunter for you it does ;)
thanks again ;)

·
What Drives You?
9,408 Posts
Awww Jared... :(

I totally feel you, brother! If there's absolutely ANYthing I can do to help... absolutely anything, you just let me know ok? I know times are tough for a lot of folks, and I really won't forget all the help you extended me when I needed it.

BUT, to vouch for J-Rod's comment about the quality and workmanship of these pieces, they are VERY well made! As opposed to overlaid CF, which tends to wrap around piece edges rather harshly, hydrographic pieces are very clean-cut wrapped around the edges, and don't look custom at all! They look very even and, based on his pieces, are virtually flawless! No weave irregularities, no bubbling, no lift. Most of all, no cracking! ;)

Stuff you find in most aftermarket pieces. Again, mostly because they're made cheaply.

I'd recommend these in a heartbeat! Not just because I know this mofo... ;)

:twothumb:

·
Registered
258 Posts
those look so good man. GREAT WORK !!!!

·
Scrape Artist
7,354 Posts
good stuff j-rod!! kevin is going to be ALLL over this thread... give it time

1 - 20 of 437 Posts