Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so at my work yesterday my Master Tech installed my headers and my magnaflow exhaust on my car. we even gutted the cat on the bottom by installing a 2.25" pipe and some band clamps.

overall it sounds amazing, just now it has the idle issues along with the acceleration. thankfully I made it home in one piece, and the SES light came on after I stopped at autozone to fix some paperwork as my job at the main level doesn't like having their name on anything being delivered even though I paid for it myself. didn't know that.

So anyways, didn't have a chance to hook up a scan tool, but we know with only 57,000 miles on it spark plugs need replaced, at .31 I believe and the tolerance is .28-.30 so need 4 of those and the o2 sensors are dirty too.

I plan on picking up those tomorrow , but also ordered 4 straight and 4 elbow o2 sensor extensions, as that is what we think is causing my issues for my car and it's performance.

just wanted to see what anyone else thought on my diagnostic problem of the idle and acceleration and if anyone else had the same issues

Thanks

Drew

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,173 Posts
DO NOT do not do not use spacers on the upstream O2 sensors. That won't fix anything but will instead throw off your values wildly and cause problems. If you have upstream O2 codes it's because there is an actual problem. You can put them on your downstream sensors to trick them by seeing less gasses flowing by, and being colder to possibly remove cat efficiency codes (usually works)

Hook up a scan tool and find out what's going on. But you're going to need a tune to run right now. I am pretty sure I lost power going to a header before it was tuned.

Which header did you use? If you used the DNA Motoring one from eBay, you're gonna have upstream O2 sensor codes in addition to downstream codes because those don't work and never have. You have to modify it by welding an O2 bung into pipe runner #1 for your upstream O2 sensor

·
Registered
528 Posts
What Header did you install, and as mentioned never use spacers on upstream O2. You only trick the ECU everything is fine, when it isn't. I was throwing rich codes after I installed my OBX longtubes. Cyl 1 and 4 are bank 1 and cly 2 and 3 are bank 2. The OBX header comes with an AFR Bung on Cly 4. I had my bank 2 plugged into cly 4. moved it to cyl 3 and prob gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im running no sensors right now because when i did for a little bit it caused alot of problems. How much would a tune run me and would that fix everything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts