Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Use it or loose it
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ceramic coated my headers and it got me to thinking,mabe a guy should do the cai. I searched this and haven't found a thread on it so I figured I would ask your guys' opinions on it. It cost me 200 to do my headers,so I'm thinking its going to probably cost about 100 to do the cai.
How much heat soak does the cai get really? Does the air travel fast enough through the piping that the heat doesn't effect it? If so its probably minimal,but I guess it depends on how much your trying to squeeze out of every mod you have!
Also,has anybody done this and if so,have you noticed a difference? Look forward to hearing some input.

·
See ya losers delete acct
326 Posts
if you want to for looks to match the headers then go for it, if you're expecting anything at all in power gains it won't work

·
Registered
585 Posts
if you want to for looks to match the headers then go for it, if you're expecting anything at all in power gains it won't work
I feel that even if it doesn't give anymore power gain but I believe that in the soaking heat of a CAI pipe heat protection would keep air colder and more dense so by the time it gets to the tb is will be less tempature , I saw some where one has their CAI heat wrapped and feel better response but just my two cents, it's like why you do tb bypass ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts