Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Climate control issue 2008 eclipse gt

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  pcfreak4 
#1 ·
Hello!
My issue is that everything works fine on the temprature control unit ( fan speed, blower direction) except the temperature. When I put the knob at max heat I get max heat but anything else, I get the same warmish temp. It does not matter if I put ac on or off. I recently asked a mechanic to check if my ac was leaking but it was fine and he filled it. Right now, I am pretty sure the problem is electrical and that I need to change the temperature control unit but I want to know if there is a way to be sure it is the issue before I buy a 150$ piece. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Hello!
My issue is that everything works fine on the temprature control unit ( fan speed, blower direction) except the temperature. When I put the knob at max heat I get max heat but anything else, I get the same warmish temp. It does not matter if I put ac on or off. I recently asked a mechanic to check if my ac was leaking but it was fine and he filled it. Right now, I am pretty sure the problem is electrical and that I need to change the temperature control unit but I want to know if there is a way to be sure it is the issue before I buy a 150$ piece. Thanks!
Prob a sticking diverter valve/blend door in the dash or something

Need scan tool that can scan the A/C system for fault codes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.