Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2007 GT Coupe. I am trying to get a few things fixed on it to make it look and feel better, and I've run into a snag.
I know this will sound crazy, but I am trying to remove the climate control unit to open it up and put in a new Max A/C Recirculate button. The old one has the top with the picture broken off, so I purchased a new one from the dealer and am trying to get it installed.
I've got the unit out, (i got great info from here on how to get to that point!), but now I'm stumped.....I can't figure out how to disconnect the wire harnesses! I think I know how they should work, but when I try to pinch them inward and pull the connector out, or pry the tab outward and pull on the connector, I can't get the connectors to let loose and come out! I'm afraid of breaking them, so I quit and decided to ask those of you on here.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, then, apparently nobody had any idea how to remove the wire harnesses.....that's OK, I went to the dealer and gave a guy a $5 to get them loose without breaking them for me!

Now, the next phase of this endeavor is that I have it all apart now down to the back off the control panel and I'm looking at the backside of the circuit board that the knobs are attached to, but I can't remove it from the housing to get at the button to remove it and replace it with the one from the dealer they sold me!
Has anyone ever done this? I find it hard to believe the dealer would sell something that can't be replaced individually, yet the circuit board sure seems to be permanently set into the housing, and without removing the board, I can't get at the button to remove the broken one and replace it with the new one!
Once again, any help/ideas would be appreciated!

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
I think the issue was that it's just a squeeze clip, and nobody wanted to touch on that because it visibly is, and if yours wasn't, nobody would have a right answer. At least for me it was that I didn't want to feed bad info that contrasts with what you saw in front of you. Nobody has ever once asked how to undo that harness from the controller. Everyone has just done it, so it seems odd and that yours would be different and something a previous owner may have done

What does the actual part you bought look like? Usually it'll be a new button face, and you just pop it out from the front with a trim tool, or it'll be a box that plugs in and pushes out through the back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts