Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,395 Posts
Absolutely depends how far you're willing to go and how experienced you are.

Totally inexperienced, GT, 285whp
Comfortable welding and mounting a turbo setup, GS, 350whp
Comfortable doing turbo and engine build, GS, 600hp (but you'll hate the lack of traction)
Comfortable doing turbo, engine build, and all wheel drive circuit car, GS, limited by pocket depth,
Comfortable doing a turbo, engine build, trans adapter, AWD, deep pockets, drag car, GT, limited by pocket depth, deeper than GS below 1000hp, not much different above
Comfortable doing a basic supercharger install, GT, 400whp

Lots of paths.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
Let's admit none of us have the moola. If I did i'd be 2JZ swapping and AWD my 4G. Twin turbo and SC if possible both together, Nitrous and if compatible with AWD problably an electric engine on the back. Problably all this is stupid but it all comes down to the "mohneys" you willing to spend and sources available. But short to your answer? GS 2.4 4G69. More aftermarket support.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,395 Posts
2J and AWD don't play nice.

That's why you need to do turbo, and AWD, but not supercharger because they suck, but nitrous to spool a turbo is nice.

It costs a lot, but it doesn't have to cost that up front. Look at my build, 4 years of modding in, and it's built motor, and turbo. Next up is either suspension or AWD, more likely suspension while I build up my shop

·
Registered
403 Posts
What he’s tryna say is both can be made for as much hp as wanted depending on funds. If we were all rich we would probably have a different car altogether for those types of numbers but some still would mod a 4g for 1,000 hp given they have funds. Me personally would be a lot just trying to make it awd, let alone near 600 hp on either.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
I swear this guy is like the preacher of cars and we're his flock. 😂🤣
~makes money rain on James~ here's hoping for a miracle engine! Lmao!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts