Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Animefreak1983 
#1 ·
Purchased 2006 used from Nissan Dealership, along with Platinum Warranty. This warranty reads to cover everything but the clutch lining. First payment due Sunday this month. :blah:
Last week, I got in to drive to work and my clutch pedal is on coming back up about halfway when I shift. The RPMs rev up for a bit, and then things seem to work normal, until I need to shift again.
Took back to dealership, waiting to hear back...
Any ideas/thoughts?:mecry:

#3 ·
Heard back from Dealership, they say the Eclipse needs a new clutch and flywheel.
It isn't going to be covered under the platinum warranty.
They are going to check on the price of After Market Parts and let me know the total price.
The labor is going to cost eight hundred for certain, if I want them to repair it, and it will take them one day after the parts arrive and I give them the go ahead.
I am not sure if it needs a new flywheel, and would like to everyone's suggestions, on what clutch kit I should go with.
Seems like a good time as any to implement an upgrade... unless, the suggestions are not to spend the upgrade monies here, but on something else...
Please let me know!

#4 ·
How long you had it?? Is there an initial warranty? ? Check state laws. Contact dealership owner for possible resolution. How many miles on car?

This sucks :(

tapatalk envy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.