Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  skysky 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys so I'm on my 2nd eclipse, got rid of the 4cyl, and got a v6. I got it with 84K miles on it, and at 86K the clutch went out. So no biggie, I took it to the shop and had them put a new oem clutch from autozone in it for about a grand. Well now i'm at around 95K and in this past cold month i noticed a few things. I work at car toys, and sometimes when I get off from work and get in my car, i'll put the clutch in, and start it, and I have to wiggle the shifter a little bit cuz it doesn't wanna go in reverse. Not like i put it in reverse and it pops out, like even though I pull up on the tab for reverse and move it to the left and up, it still has trouble engaging from a cold start. So I usuallly keep the clutch in and wiggle the shifter from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, I guess thinking it'll help spread some lube around. lol and then put it back in reverse. It doesn't do it much when its hot outside at least I don't think.

Also, to anyone who owns a MT V6 knows that you'll fly through 1st and 2nd in this car, well when I'm in 1st and I get to the shifting point, (6k or so), and I shift, i'll make sure that my foot is all the way down on the clutch, and if I shift a little quickly, (Not like move shifter before clutch is all the way in, but shift faster than I guess the car wants), I grind and hear a quick chunk sound going into second.

When I got the new clutch put in, the shop owner said to keep an eye on my slave cylinder, that it might need some help later on.
My question is, with these problems....
Is it the slave cylinder?
Is it the synchronizer in first and second?
Or does my clutch/slave cylinder need better alignment?
Cuz i'm sure some of these are common problems

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like you're not getting complete disengagement. If it shifts while turned off and sitting but not while running, this is probably it.

Yeah first off bleed it again to take up any slack that an air bubble might cause in the line. If that doesn't do it you might need to back the pedal up a bit. This will back the pressure plate off more and allow for disengagement and shifting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.