Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
wanna-be subaru killer.
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a performance question but does anyone, anywhere know where I can find a Clutch safety switch for my GT? I have looked everywhere and most say that their product will fit the 07 but not the 06 or the 05 but not the 06 which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering the 07 and 06 are the same gen of eclipse...

It's been out for a while and at first it was cool because it was like a clutch bypass but then later down the road, now I have had the circuit get stuck on the wrong side and had to bypass the switch all together just to get my car to start. Not the worst of things but it has gotten annoying.

If anyone has found one in the past, let me know!

Thanks!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
For the starter lockout, follow the arm of the clutch pedal up, and you'll see on the back where it makes contact with a button when pushed in. If the car cranks but doesn't start, or you have a remote starter, unplug this. If it then starts proper, leave it unplugged. There isn't anything to be lost from this

For the ecu, follow the arm up, and way up high at the front of it you'll see a similar button the pedal hits. There's generally no reason to unplug this one, and it will cause issues with cruise control not shutting off if you touch the pedal (revs will rapidly rise). I unplug mine to disable launch control only.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts