Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Club4G Admin
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new option in Flywheels is now on the market for the 4G V6 6speed. I just called up there yesterday and they are ready to move as ordered. I'm finding a lot of people are having to replace their clutch and flywheel on the 3.8L since the stock clutch does not seem to be holding up to well to the power of the new engine. Fidanza's flywheels take too long to come in, and although they are more expensive, Clutchmasters is readily available.

Lightened flywheel made from billet aluminum and carbon steel surface for quicker acceleration.

Reduced mass equals increased acceleration.
A lightweight flywheel works particularly well with turbo-charged engines because it reduces typical turbo lag.
Increased supercharger efficiency due to less parasitic drag on the crank.
Improved mid-range torque in a normally aspirated engine due to not having to overcome the heavy weight of a stock flywheel.
CM uses only 6061-T6 aircraft grade or better billet aluminum in the manufacturer of its flywheels.
CM uses High Carbon steel for the friction surface. (Replaceable)
CM uses an OEM steel ring gear secured by bolts.
CM offers a limited lifetime warranty.
CM Billet Aluminum Flywheels meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2

Available through the following vendors:

Tearstone Performance

·
What Drives You?
9,397 Posts
Question is, Russ... what about the clutch itself? I'm not replacing anything in the tranny unless I've got all three: C+FW+LSD.

Some people just don't know how to drive :noplease: :(

·
Club4G Admin
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question is, Russ... what about the clutch itself? I'm not replacing anything in the tranny unless I've got all three: C+FW+LSD.

Some people just don't know how to drive :noplease: :(
Clutchmasters has 4 stages of clutches as well and the Quaife LSD is already on tap.

You also know that Fidanza has a flywheel for the 4G as well right?

·
What Drives You?
9,397 Posts
Yeah, I was aware of the Fidanza FW. So CM does actually have clutches for the 4G? Do you carry em? :)

·
What Drives You?
9,397 Posts
Ohhhhhohoohhhhh! :drool:

OK... give me a month or two :) OMG... can't wait!

·
Registered
11 Posts
May be a stupid question, but I assume there is no difference in the flywheel for the 6sp manual MIVEC 6G75 and the 5sp manual SOHC 6G75, so this should bolt up to an Aussie 380 just as easily?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts