Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

541 - 560 of 1102 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Bingo, that's what he had, and still ripped bumper off
o. Thats not good. : (

I only said that cause I just used pop rivets for the 1st time, for that bracket I made, and when I went to bend the metal a little bit, the pop rivets just poped right out.
I barely even bent the piece. and it was metal.
So I thought they might not do so well on plastic.

What about those screws that when you screw them in, they expand on the other side?
not sure what their called, but their flat heads. I think their used for drywall....

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Didn't come with any brackets, and just screws at the moment
hmmm, well, I can take a pic and measurements of it if you want to fab your own?
I think you have to drill a hole in your oem bumper..... but it lookes like youve already done that a couple times, so that shouldnt matter to you.

and the aero kit rear has a hole/notch where that bracket slides into.
not sure if that rear you have has that notch or not....

I have the instructions too if you want to see how the aero is held on...
and the rear is on my floor, if you need to see a pic of that notch....

just a thought... so youd have that bracket there for future rear skirts, should you need/want to swap out....

I might be able to fab you one if you want too.
I have access to metal and machines.

·
Gamer
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
If you can take a pick of the notch, that will help alot, thanks

And I bought some flat head bolts that are counter sunk so the will sit flush with the lip, and the have a washer and bolt on the inside of bumper, then I'll super glue the bolt head to the lip, and then bondo over it to give a smooth clean look

·
Gots me a sooby
5,908 Posts
need some foglights

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
sorry man, after looking at it, I dont think its actually held on by those notches.

its held on by this big piece (in pic), connected to the bottom of the rear lip,then connected to under the car, with those longer L brackets. then the shorter L brackets on the sides...

I'm guessing the big piece helps block the wind and acts like a skid plate...

anyways, I took a couple pics for you.
heres a link to my photobucket.... (see album "rear aero kit" ) theres pics of the notchs I was talking about. but not sure what their for....
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/rygdogg1/media/rear aero kit/DSC00321_zps2bef8ec7.jpg.html

I can send you the instructions if you want, but there not much help. lol
theres 3 pics of instructions for you in there but not much help...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Ok I see what you are talking about, when ever I take the bumper off, I'll look and see if I can add any support brackets or anything, I have all the stuff to make them if needed at my shop, guess we will find out Saturday
sweet. good luck man.:cheers:

car looks great!

·
Gots me a sooby
5,908 Posts
Pshh I road on broken boot for the last 2 years of my cars life. Lmao. But yea let me know if need help.

541 - 560 of 1102 Posts