Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm getting the p0335 code crankshaft positioning sensor fakir also, my idle is rough, hard to start, poor gas mileage all symptoms of a bad crankshaft sensor but I want to make sure before a replace the connections look good in getting a constant 12 volts to the sensor the resistans on the sensor itsel it's 2.2 I look on the service manual and didn't find anything about the crank sensor help please

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
12 volts will kill him. All sensors 5 volts. You have a bad contact from the sensor to the ECU. 1 connector is in the bottom cover, the second connector from the cover to the bundle of wires (if you look at the engine, then the left, next to the alternator). And the connector on the ECU.

·
Registered
192 Posts
12 volts will kill him. All sensors 5 volts. You have a bad contact from the sensor to the ECU. 1 connector is in the bottom cover, the second connector from the cover to the bundle of wires (if you look at the engine, then the left, next to the alternator). And the connector on the ECU.
That second connection he's referring to by the alternator has caused me problems before, maybe somewhere to check if you haven't looked at that one specifically yet.

·
4,107 Posts
The online service manual has a broken link. You will need to download the manual to your computer. Information can be found on Page 13A-559. PDF File Number: GR0005800C-13A.

DTC P0335: Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit

CIRCUIT OPERATION
•The crankshaft position sensor power is supplied from the MFI relay (terminal No. 4).
•Terminal No. 3 of the crankshaft position sensor is grounded with ECM <M/T> or PCM <A/T> (terminal No. 113).
•A 5-volt voltage is applied on the crankshaft position sensor output terminal (terminal No. 2) from the ECM <M/T> or the PCM <A/T> (terminal No. 103). The crankshaft position sensor generates a pulse signal when the output terminal is opened and grounded.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION
•The crankshaft position sensor detects the crank angle (position) of each cylinder, and converts that data to pulse signals, then which are input to the ECM <M/T> or the PCM <A/T>.
•When the engine is running, the crankshaft position sensor outputs a pulse signal.
•The ECM <M/T> or the PCM <A/T> checks whether pulse signal is input while the engine is cranking.
DESCRIPTIONS OF MONITOR METHODS
•Crankshaft position sensor signal does not change.
•Crankshaft position sensor signal is not normal pattern.
TROUBLESHOOTING HINTS (The most likely causes for this code to be set are)
•Crankshaft position sensor failed.
•Open or shorted crankshaft position sensor circuit, or harness damage, or connector damage.
•ECM failed. <M/T>
•PCM failed. <A/T>

How many miles on the engine, and when was the last timing belt change, if ever?? If your timing belt has skipped a tooth, this will cause a timing problem also. But this code is pointing to the sensor, a harness problem, or the relay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I've been having the same issue I've changed crank sensor itself (old harness) I have replaced the mfi relay, Fuel pump relay, the relays being replaced seemed to help with rough idle, so seemingly things seemed to be in order so I drove it this past Monday no issues around town doing errands, took it to work last night presented new symptom of overheating at idle smoking a cigarette before going into work ran all night turning off and on normal, going home different story got about ten mins from home and completely lost power going up a 45 degree incline and died no warning no check engine light until pulling over shutting the car off and trying to start. Po335 crank circuit a malfunction so back to the shop it went this morning. I'm currently having the shop replace the male connector on main harness and install new crank sensor /w new harness hoping it's this. Have no experience using voltmeters. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,416 Posts
So I've been having the same issue I've changed crank sensor itself (old harness) I have replaced the mfi relay, Fuel pump relay, the relays being replaced seemed to help with rough idle, so seemingly things seemed to be in order so I drove it this past Monday no issues around town doing errands, took it to work last night presented new symptom of overheating at idle smoking a cigarette before going into work ran all night turning off and on normal, going home different story got about ten mins from home and completely lost power going up a 45 degree incline and died no warning no check engine light until pulling over shutting the car off and trying to start. Po335 crank circuit a malfunction so back to the shop it went this morning. I'm currently having the shop replace the male connector on main harness and install new crank sensor /w new harness hoping it's this. Have no experience using voltmeters. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
You'd want an oscilloscope not voltage meter anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts