Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So like said in the title, I don't own a GS but am looking to start off with one. I've been keeping my eye out on Facebook marketplace and I think I found one I like. But I am not sure what to look for in this car in terms of problems etc or what the previous owner did to it or hell if it's even a good price. My friend said that the stripes were not stock so I assume the previous owner must have changed some things. There was no picture of the engine and whatnot but I will ask for that today. (I am aware of the burn mark in the seat lol) I have the carfax and everything about the car I'm going to list below. I would love to be a part of this community and grow more into the car scene in general.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So like said in the title, I don't own a GS but am looking to start off with one. I've been keeping my eye out on Facebook marketplace and I think I found one I like. But I am not sure what to look for in this car in terms of problems etc or what the previous owner did to it or hell if it's even a good price. My friend that the stripes were not stock so I assume the previous owner must have changed some things. There was no picture of the engine and whatnot but I will ask for that today. (I am aware of the burn mark in the seat lol) I have the carfax and everything about the car I'm going to list below. I would love to be a part of this community and grow more into the car scene in general.
forgot to add original equipment list

Attachments

·
2,535 Posts
It doesn’t have traction control or stability control like that dealer mistakenly claims with their generic ad though

looks like a good car, I have a 06 GS Auto myself with 150k miles now

only thing I’d wanna see is proof that the timing belt service was recently done, and the condition of the auto trans fluid

if the timing belt has not been done recently, then bargain $1k off the asking price

if the auto trans fluid is nasty, it’s gonna need dumped and refilled with new fluid (Chrysler ATF+4, Castrol Import multi vehicle, or Valvoline max life), it’s easy, there’s a drain plug and a dipstick, unlike newer cars

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn’t have traction control or stability control like that dealer mistakenly claims with their generic ad though

looks like a good car, I have a 06 GS Auto myself with 150k miles now

only thing I’d wanna see is proof that the timing belt service was recently done, and the condition of the auto trans fluid

if the timing belt has not been done recently, then bargain $1k off the asking price

if the auto trans fluid is nasty, it’s gonna need dumped and refilled with new fluid (Chrysler ATF+4, Castrol Import multi vehicle, or Valvoline max life), it’s easy, there’s a drain plug and a dipstick, unlike newer cars
Okay sounds good I'll definitely make sure of that when I go check it out sometime this weekend. I appreciate the help means a lot!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,069 Posts
+1 to what pcfreak said. If the service is all up to date by age (ignore mileage), then it's no fantastic deal, but alright.

There aren't any big inheritant issues on these. Don't abuse the auto GS with a bunch of power added, and keep up on maintenance, and 300,000 miles is doable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 to what pcfreak said. If the service is all up to date by age (ignore mileage), then it's no fantastic deal, but alright.

There aren't any big inheritant issues on these. Don't abuse the auto GS with a bunch of power added, and keep up on maintenance, and 300,000 miles is doable
Okay, for sure! Thanks man :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts