Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Confused about Road Race Engineering

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  pcfreak4 
#1 · (Edited)
First off, are they still in commission? I have reached out to them a few times, but have yet to hear back. Some items are priced at 999999... so idk.

Secondly, it seems that they have two different pages for 4g parts. Looks like they have different listings too. I'll link them both below here.

Normally I buy through autocity but RRE had some interesting pieces. If a
nybody knows the deal with them please share. Thanks!

#3 ·
They're in an awkward spot as they sell non California certified parts, made and sold in California.

$99999999=not in stock

If you want to be added to a list, give a simple concise email. They're hard to get ahold of but do good work.
What a about them having 2 different pages? The product that shows 999999... seems to be in stock on the other page. Also do you know if they ship to canada?

#5 ·
One is old and probably no longer supported.

They at least historically do ship here. I've got their headers on one of my GT, which came in through Quebec.
Do you happen to know which one is discontinued and which one is legit? I cant really tell. They both have some listings that are different. Than the other but both look equally outdated.

#7 ·
The 1st link of the two you posted is the old website I believe. I just sent an email of what items I wanted but, alot of the stuff they offer is out of stock right now including all the intakes they offer. You can still call or email them with the items you want you'll just be put on a waiting list an they'll contact when the items are ready. I just bought the headers for the GT last week shipped on Friday hopefully get them this week. I contacted them by email a few weeks ago asking about the headers an received a reply the following week along with a paypal invoice to pay for the headers. Email I contacted an received a reply: Ramirez@roadraceengineering.com

#9 ·
Just check in at a non chain exhaust shop, and tell them what you want. Corporate places will charge big, but you should be able to get one for $150+muffler if you look around. The actual pipe is worth about $10-$15 to make a 3" catback from aluminized steel, which has a deeper tone than stainless

#13 ·
RRE can be weird about email. I've always had better luck just calling them. Sounds like they have both GS and GT headers back in stock. Just ask/bug them other items you're looking for, they can usually get pretty good prices when they want to.

#16 ·
Give me your best guess on how much louder these will make my GS with air intake and cat back exhaust already installed...I went to the track for the first time yesterday and am suddenly torn between my GS being my daily driver and now wanting to put on headers and tune to do some racing on street car days.

#23 ·
If yours is loud you removed the third cat or resonator and or have an exhaust leak because I have rre headers an the rest of the exhaust is stock an there's barley a noticable difference from the stock manifolds. In my opinion all it did was improve the sound quality, definitely doesn't make it loud to where cops will be looking at you. An if it does you probably didn't install them properly an more than likely have a leak somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.