Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My coolant has been really low for awhile but I haven’t had problems, I’m wanting to put coolant in Bc it looks disgusting yet I’m not sure if I flush everything and clean it or just refill also what should I use for the refill?
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Hood
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes. That's awful lol do a flush with water, then fill with green or blue. Someone may have mixed in some of the orange VW coolant, which would cause it to look that way.
Yeah it looks horrible and I’m sure the used car dealership did that when I bought the car LOL yea its awful I’ve never done a flush before so how would I do one for this car? Another thing wdym by green or blue (smh)

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
You could remove your thermostat, and connect a garden hose to a coolant line somewhere like the heater core outlet, and let it run out the run back through to the lower rad hose where it dumps out. That's just one option.

Green or blue are 2 common colours indicating the types of coolant. I could say glycol based but that wouldn't specify much

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could remove your thermostat, and connect a garden hose to a coolant line somewhere like the heater core outlet, and let it run out the run back through to the lower rad hose where it dumps out. That's just one option.

Green or blue are 2 common colours indicating the types of coolant. I could say glycol based but that wouldn't specify much
I got this due to it being the only thing that was blue here
Liquid Fluid Personal care Automotive tire Material property

·
2,891 Posts
I got this due to it being the only thing that was blue here
View attachment 102812
Good job, that would be the correct coolant to use if you flush all the old stuff out first

problem is, if you’re flushing with water and just adding this prediluted stuff in, you won’t ever get to 50/50 with the water already in there

you need to get the Zerex Asian red which comes in concentrate, find out the coolant system total capacity in quarts, and then add in half the total system capacity with concentrated coolant, top off the rest with distilled water for the burping process

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good job, that would be the correct coolant to use if you flush all the old stuff out first

problem is, if you’re flushing with water and just adding this prediluted stuff in, you won’t ever get to 50/50 with the water already in there

you need to get the Zerex Asian red which comes in concentrate, find out the coolant system total capacity in quarts, and then add in half the total system capacity with concentrated coolant, top off the rest with distilled water for the burping process
I flushed it last night with distilled water twice Bc it was so bad. In a month or two I’m gonna flush it again

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts

They sell the proper blue and green ones locally to me in concentrate from many different brands.

The most important is to not mix types of coolant though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They sell the proper blue and green ones locally to me in concentrate from many different brands.

The most important is to not mix types of coolant though.
My car is running better than it was now,Before I can feel the heat coming from the hood whenever I would drive it but now I don’t so that’s good I guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts