Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Theta II
8,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know its not a 4G, but it is what I traded in the 4G for. A few members were asking for pics here's a couple to start. I'll put up some more as soon as i get back from leave. Stock is 275hp and 270tq, There is already a re-flash available that bumps it up to 330hp with no additional mods.

I'll get some of the interior too, leather seats, CF dash and trim, USB and aux ports, bluetooth....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice bro! Love them optimas. Especially those stock rims they come with.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
See if you can trade Jeremy there for his gt wheels ;)
Of course they're probably heavier.

I am curious now. Is that easier to tune or is it a hackish reflash?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hmm you could have got the same numbers with an Evo X! Haha no but I like the numbers it's pulling stock.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Dark, you made a good trade man, nice looking cars with impressive HP numbers, you say you can bump HP numbers without mods, love it, BTW, I also have been looking into an optima, what year is yours--- CHOP

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
See if you can trade Jeremy there for his gt wheels ;)
Of course they're probably heavier.

I am curious now. Is that easier to tune or is it a hackish reflash?
Hey I never said I wanted them on the eclipse lol.

·
Theta II
8,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Infliction as of right now there are three different companies that offer a remote flash, as of right now there is no open source tuning. The Korean company SterlinF1 offers four different stages on their flash with a factory reflash capability. Right now the bravest anyone has gotten is 30hp/30tq from the reflash

unde you are right I could have for another 10-15,000 dollars. My question why? They have identical blocks the theta II, and 4b11t. The only difference is the X is pushing 20lbs stock and I am only pushing 17lbs stock, and the X has a premium tune. Which if I fill up with premium the ECU will retune and add the additional ponies. The beauty of AI ECUs and GDI.

Chop its a 2012....

I am also really excited about an upcoming company that is about to start making products for this car.

It has not been announced yet but here is a clue

There are 3 different dyno sheets posted on the Optima forum.

eco dyno pull --210 whp 250 wtq
dyno pull with eco and tcs off -- 257 whp 260 wtq
^
bone stock
dyno pull with injen intake, and mystery turbo back exhaust 275 whp and 270 wtq.

The company has not announced who they are yet, and they are not mass producing yet because they are not happy with the first two prototypes, so they are currently fabbing a 3rd prototype to test. Who you ask???

Well here is a clue all of the dyno sheets are from the RRE dynapack, and the car has been sitting at the RRE shop sooo... One might possibly think ??? :drool:

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Idk.. I still think you'd have been better off with a galant ralliart ;)
Sadly we've got less aftermarket support than the eclipse.

Keep us updated

·
I love To Drift
7,505 Posts
I kinda like the wheels. Just not with that color.

If you want a discount on parts let me know and ill put ya in touch with my hook up

·
Theta II
8,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Idk.. I still think you'd have been better off with a galant ralliart ;)
Sadly we've got less aftermarket support than the eclipse.

Keep us updated
Maybe, but I am faster lol......

Idk man Hyundai/Kia are putting out some real game changers right now. If Mitsubishi decides to get back into the ring with a Sedan or coupe they are going to have to come out with a running Superman punch lol

Wait until you see the Kia Coupe with the twin turbo 3.8 next year

·
tUNED.
4,566 Posts
Maybe, but I am faster lol......

Idk man Hyundai/Kia are putting out some real game changers right now. If Mitsubishi decides to get back into the ring with a Sedan or coupe they are going to have to come out with a running Superman punch lol

Wait until you see the Kia Coupe with the twin turbo 3.8 next year
true but in the end it is still mitsubishi brains and engineering behind their work. they need to start designing these cars to portray what they can put down on the road. the styling is simple and boring while the performance is agressive and enthusiastic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Kia needs to redo their emblem/logo, it's a bit generic IMO and it unfortunately makes their cars look generic because of it. Debadge that sucka and you may have saved yourself from that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts