Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried every method to keep this thing down and it just gets worse every year. Has anyone just removed the pad entirely and used a dash cover in it's place?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peel it off, clean the surfaces, use loctite 404 ONLY at the edges. No fancy gel glues, no spray glues, and just the edges so it can stretch nicely.
My pad seems pretty rigid and not pliable at all in the areas where it has peeled off repeatedly. I'm willing to give it another try but I've watched videos of someone taking theirs off and mine seems way more rigid and curled in areas. Plus I have a lot of residue on the pad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Peel it off, clean the surfaces, use loctite 404 ONLY at the edges. No fancy gel glues, no spray glues, and just the edges so it can stretch nicely.
How easily does the dash pad peel off? i want to redo the pad and i don't want to brake anything. My dash has some damage where it looked like some one may have kicked it and broken some of the plastic off, i have the peaces and plan to glue them back in place and maybe glass them so they will stay.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,617 Posts
How easily does the dash pad peel off? i want to redo the pad and i don't want to brake anything. My dash has some damage where it looked like some one may have kicked it and broken some of the plastic off, i have the peaces and plan to glue them back in place and maybe glass them so they will stay.
It'll fight you in some spots so use something to scrape it where it does. Mostly it's just gonna be spray glued on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It'll fight you in some spots so use something to scrape it where it does. Mostly it's just gonna be spray glued on.
Thank you, that will help me a lot, I'm worried about screwing something up. But it has a lot of issues and i want to fix all of them. I tried the super glue gel fix that was suggested at one point, all it did was leave ugly white damage to the edges and didn't fix a thing. I'm going to try the locktite 404 asap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts