·
What Drives You?
9,409 Posts
You mean polyurethane sealant? :lol:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't know??? It said 3-M Structural Adhesive on the tube...it's whatever they put in all the seams after they weld them together and then they paint over it all...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for this post Brian... this is EXACTLY the same issue I am experiencing for almost 2 years now with my 2011 Eclipse.. it is a slow leak and but got worse over time. I tore the ceiling out and seeing the EXACT same thing as you explained. I had it to an auto glass place and they could not fix it. I called the dealership but they said they have never heard of this issue. Not that it would be under warranty anyway lol mines at 264,000km now.

Anyone else run into this? Ill have to look into this more.... thanks again for the info Brian.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this any chance this will make the car unsafe to drive? I have an 06 that i just bought. it had water under the back seat when i removed them to install wiring for my amp. i know around where the leak is coming from, if i can fix it my self i would rather do that, but if it affects the structural integraty of the car i want to get it fixed the right way.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts