Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,415 Posts
Well James, you failed. Apparently you didn't make it clear enough for others on the forum not to buy your little experiment lol...
Hahaha, I guess so xD

Guys, mine has every single damn weld redone, and another O2 bung installed on it to fix the upstream O2 issues (reading bank 2 only). The metal is thin as paper making it terrible to weld, and looks bad after a year as well. It's as shiny as dirty milk

Rebuilt, they can give performance. But it's not even remotely a good choice. It will fall apart on you, it needs to be redesigned.

And something I don't think I mentioned, they put the 3 bolt flange upside down. Torquing the top bolt on the triangular pattern is damn near impossible. I've used wobble sockets, extensions, forward facing air impact tools, and tiny wrenches. There just isn't room. Nothing on the design was thought through. It had to be all about the final profits, even if they flood the market with garbage.

The company support is terrible too, they do not respond

·
The Guy Who Meows At Cats
6 Posts
So I just installed DNA system as well. My stupid ass didn't read up on how horrible they are.. I guess I'm ordering a return & hopefully finding new headers at least. But I can't seem to find RRE headers anywhere, & the next best I can find is obx (if I remember correctly that's what they're called.) Any help guys?

Also putting the regular system back on is gonna be a pain because the previous owner damaged it which was hense of why I got a new system to begin with.

·
6 Posts
OBX header works, but you need to have a custom exhaust made to match it is my understanding. I don't think it lines up with the stock piping

You should be getting a custom made exhaust anyway rather than buying a catback system for 2x as much
Well I emailed RRE about their website link being broken, asking if they still have any in stock & they said yes & I actually notified them about the link so they're working on fixing it now.

I live in California, so what attracted me to the DNA exhaust really was that it was "CARB legal", so I figured it was perfect. I guess I'm gonna be sticking onto my old headers for awhile, switching them out every time I smog my car.

However now this brings up the back end of the exhaust. I'm looking for something CARB legal with actual performance on end as well, that way I'm not switching out the whole system every time I have to smog.

(Bonus: the DNA exhaust seller actually replied back to my return request, asking for pictures, details of my car, details of the defectiveness about the exhaust, etc. Oh boy where do I even begin.)

·
Dank Meme Extraordinaire
366 Posts
Well I emailed RRE about their website link being broken, asking if they still have any in stock & they said yes & I actually notified them about the link so they're working on fixing it now.

I live in California, so what attracted me to the DNA exhaust really was that it was "CARB legal", so I figured it was perfect. I guess I'm gonna be sticking onto my old headers for awhile, switching them out every time I smog my car.

However now this brings up the back end of the exhaust. I'm looking for something CARB legal with actual performance on end as well, that way I'm not switching out the whole system every time I have to smog.

(Bonus: the DNA exhaust seller actually replied back to my return request, asking for pictures, details of my car, details of the defectiveness about the exhaust, etc. Oh boy where do I even begin.)

Yea I was looking at the RRE site and it won't let you add the headers to your cart and gets stuck on the PayPal screen. Don't have the cash to buy them but I just wanted to see lol

·
Registered
754 Posts

For CA smog you just need to pass the visual test for an exaust. Which they only check that you still have the 3rd cat. If you keep and get a custom catback made then you'll be fine.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,415 Posts
It won't be CARB legal though, because to be CARB certified it can't remove any existing emissions parts. You'd also need to put your downstream O2 sensors behind the 3rd cat

You may be able to pass the test, but it goes against what I remember reading.

Remember folks: DNA Motoring is always full of shit, so whatever they say, do some extra homework

·
Registered
754 Posts
It won't be CARB legal though, because to be CARB certified it can't remove any existing emissions parts. You'd also need to put your downstream O2 sensors behind the 3rd cat

You may be able to pass the test, but it goes against what I remember reading.

Remember folks: DNA Motoring is always full of shit, so whatever they say, do some extra homework
That's correct but it's talking about the "filters" aka the catalytic converters. You can put an aftermarket muffler for example doesn't need to be carb legal. Since it does nothing to make the exhaust fumes come out cleaner or dirtier it doesn't need to be checked.

·
6 Posts
I appreciate everyone's replies & opinions. As of right now I'm stuck somwhere in between "Damn I gotta fix this" and "Build race car, screw California, get an illegal smog" ?. So I'm thinking about actually ordering the RRE headers anyways, with maybe a magnaflow catback. An extra 100-200 bucks every few years for a illegal smog doesn't bother me to a high level.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.