Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I decided that I would do a budget build and I stumbled across these springs. For $70.00, I couldn't say no.

I will say that the shipping is super quick(cross country) and super cheap(free).

The installation is pretty smooth, just like any other car out there. The product definitely lowers the vehicle a decent amount. I was an idiot and didn't take any before or after pictures or measurements. However, the difference in sight is very noticeable. The rear definitely seems to be more noticeable than the front, although the front did go down.

The handling has improved drastically, I feel like I am stuck on the ground and not going anywhere.

The ride quality is just like any other lowering springs where you definitely notice more bumps, but its not ridiculous. On a scale of 1/10 I would say 2 on noticing more bumps in the road.

I also installed new struts in the front and shocks in the back. I just got some ebay specials for $175.00 shipped. They are pretty good for what they are as well.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this upgrade and if there is anything else that develops with them I will post it in here!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly. it's looking good. I will get some pictures of it and post the up here. Believe me, I was a little concerned as well. I just said screw it. lol

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
So were there ever pics? :D I'm a broke college student and am thinking my daily driver needs a clean stance.
This is the last thing you wan't to buy if you're a broke college student because then you'll be buying new shocks when your stock ones blow from garbage springs in a few thousand miles :wiggle:

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Will good lowering springs still kill the shocks quickly?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
It just depends how low your springs drop the car. If you're going for like, half an inch drop, you'll probably last quite a while longer than if you drop 2.5 inches. It all depends how many miles are already on the struts, and how much more you're going to make them work with lower springs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That makes sense. It if I replace the shocks at the time of springs would it be worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
No, because you'll pay more for springs and shocks than a coilover kit while not having the full benefits, and adding work
He speaketh the truth. I got quoted at a local shop $1,200 + tax for new struts + Eibach lowering springs. Coilovers range from $700-1,100. So, for the same price or less, you can get a better drop, a better/more reliable ride, and a little bit of street rep for having a "sick stance bro"

·
Registered
51 Posts
1200 for parts and labor. 700 for just parts. I haven't looked up prices for the shocks themselves but I wasn't sure if it'd be less then getting coils

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Probably not. Coils are better all around, wallet included.

·
Registered
749 Posts
New shocks: $400
Springs:$300 (good quality onces.)
$700 total
Good coiles:$900
For $200 more you have the option of changing the ride hight, stiffness, etc. But with the springs you're stuck at a set ride hight. Shocks should be replaced when you get springs for safety reasons you don't want an old shock to go on you under the new stress of the stiffer shorter spring. Its your choice at the end of the day but it's a good idea to just save up a bit more and spend the extra money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts