Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Dodge Stratus Coupe and Chrysler Sebring were based on the 3G Mitsubishi Eclipse platform. In this video I'll be swapping out the stock driveline in favor of an AWD system with an automatic transmission from an EVO GTA, while installing a turbocharged 4G63 engine from a Mitsubishi Evolution.
Check it out, leave some comments, hit the like button and subscribe to my channel.

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge stratus coupe awd conversion & turbo engine swap (how to)
I fitted a 2-liter turbo engine from a Mitsubishi Evo to a Dodge Stratus Coupe, together with an all-wheel drive automatic transmission from an Evo GTA. I converted the car from front-wheel drive to all-wheel drive. In order to accomplish the job, I had to modify the engine mounts and the subframe, install new axle shafts and a transfer case, replace the spindles and the hubs, and weld some custom mounting points. But I did my best to use factory parts wherever I could, so that the car can be serviced and repaired at any shop in all parts of the world. I'll be doing a comprehensive overview of the entire process in this video.

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dodge stratus coupe awd conversion & turbo engine swap (how to)
I fitted a 2-liter turbo engine from a Mitsubishi Evo to a Dodge Stratus Coupe, together with an all-wheel drive automatic transmission from an Evo GTA. I converted the car from front-wheel drive to all-wheel drive. In order to accomplish the job, I had to modify the engine mounts and the subframe, install new axle shafts and a transfer case, replace the spindles and the hubs, and weld some custom mounting points. But I did my best to use factory parts wherever I could, so that the car can be serviced and repaired at any shop in all parts of the world. I'll be doing a comprehensive overview of the entire process in this video.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn't stop to think if they should...

·
1,969 Posts
Lol

I have a question, who in the world would want to buy such a spliced together car with parts from all kinds of other cars, such as the AWD system swapped in to the Eclipse from the Endeavor and custom fabricated and spliced wires and such, how would they know what has been done and how to get replacement parts if something fails? Sounds like something you do if you know you're just gonna keep the car forever until you junk it

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol

I have a question, who in the world would want to buy such a spliced together car with parts from all kinds of other cars, such as the AWD system swapped in to the Eclipse from the Endeavor and custom fabricated and spliced wires and such, how would they know what has been done and how to get replacement parts if something fails? Sounds like something you do if you know you're just gonna keep the car forever until you junk it
I will write the instructions for the new owner when selling the car

·
1,969 Posts
Lol

I will write the instructions for the new owner when selling the car
That’s good, also document all of the parts and from what car they came from

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the next chapter in the story of project "decepticon". The car in question is a unique Dodge Stratus Coupe, which I converted to all-wheel drive, while installing a turbocharged Mitsubishi Evolution motor and an automatic transmission from an Evo GTA.
Now we get to the turbo exhaust system. It's a straight-pipe system with two mufflers. The mufflers themselves are generic Ebay items. The main tract is 2.5 inches in diameter. Check out the entire fabrication process in this video.
How did the propshaft fit together with the exhaust inside the narrow transmission tunnel of a car built on the 3 gen Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G platform? Was the skid plate underneath the engine able to fit with a new crossmember and the all-wheel drive transfer case? How exactly did the dual exhaust find its way around the rear diff?

Watch this video to see everything I did to modify this Dodge Stratus coupe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice work. If only these could have came from the factory this way. Thats got to be a quick 4wd Evo under cover. Is it faster than your awd 4g Eclipse swap?

·
AWD swapper
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice work. If only these could have came from the factory this way. Thats got to be a quick 4wd Evo under cover. Is it faster than your awd 4g Eclipse swap?
tnx!
Eclipse setup is not stock : 2.4 big turbo and 400hp, forged pistons.
Dodge has stock EVO8 engine and 280hp.
Eclipse is FASTER )))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts