Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a used cold air intake also looking to see if anyone has a decent set of rims for cheap buying new transmission next week friction plates are gone and shift solenoids are garbage don’t remember code numbers but not dumping money into a trans when out here it’s cheaper to get a used one with low miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,862 Posts
Does anyone have a used cold air intake also looking to see if anyone has a decent set of rims for cheap buying new transmission next week friction plates are gone and shift solenoids are garbage don’t remember code numbers but not dumping money into a trans when out here it’s cheaper to get a used one with low miles

How many miles? And is your car the 4cyl 4spd Automatic?

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a better job here so can actually start doing my plans which and other thing does anyone know the name of those exhaust shields they use when the cut bumpers body panels etc?

·
2,862 Posts
Got a better job here so can actually start doing my plans which and other thing does anyone know the name of those exhaust shields they use when the cut bumpers body panels etc?

*another thing

And they’re just called heat shields

I’m curious as to what transmission codes you were getting

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man I asked on the other thread but you seem to know a decent about this gen Eclipse is it possible to put a gt trans in my car cause I remember someone on one of my threads on here said that they made conversion plates if such plates exist where does one ask or get one at?

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also exact miles 149879 and don’t remember the codes wish I did but talked to my buddy the disc for 1-2 where toast and bad shift solenoids so the idea was it’s cheaper to find a lower miles junkyard trans but like I said I remember someone saying something about that plate so wanted to look into that first wanted to get trans this weekend

·
2,862 Posts
Also exact miles 149879 and don’t remember the codes wish I did but talked to my buddy the disc for 1-2 where toast and bad shift solenoids so the idea was it’s cheaper to find a lower miles junkyard trans but like I said I remember someone saying something about that plate so wanted to look into that first wanted to get trans this weekend

Problem with a junkyard/used transmission is that if u don’t know that the transmission was working for sure first hand when that car was junked, then you might end up putting in a junk broken transmission as well

I’d advise just looking up a new or at least refurbished 4FA4B transmission

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No one around here wants to touch it or rebuild it unless giving them $1,200 with a maybe chance so if you have any sources trying hard not to get rid of it...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Problem with a junkyard/used transmission is that if u don’t know that the transmission was working for sure first hand when that car was junked, then you might end up putting in a junk broken transmission as well

I’d advise just looking up a new or at least refurbished 4FA4B transmission

F4A4B 4 speed trans.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So basically the same trans but see I run into the issue of having a hard foot so trying to avoid these friction plate issues everyone and their mother has

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 12 Galant 2.4 4 speed auto. Bought with 66k now at 139k miles. Not a single issue with it.
Manual swap is a pain? I’ve no idea who the heck told you that but tell them to follow my thread . I am swapping an eclipse 2.4 5 speed manual onto my Galant 2.4 Auto. So if they think it’s a pain on an eclipse tell them I’m going thru with my auto to manual swap. I bought a donor running vehicle that had a front end crash but engine and trans was in good condition. It all depends on your goals with the car. I wanted 400whp so it was either pay $3k to get auto built or buy a donor spare car for less or same and swap the manual that so far has been heard of handling 550hp. For more info PM me would gladly help!

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Close to 300 wanted to find some evo heads hopefully one of these days and turbo charge the bastard lol

·
2,862 Posts
Watch this video of this guy tearing apart a very similar transmission

https://youtu.be/3HVm1AmWS98

Trust me, u don’t want someone to rebuild it that isn’t 500% sure they know exactly what they’re doing

There’s just about a million parts inside and it’s very complicated, rebuilding a manual trans is one thing, but automatics are a different animal, it might be easier to just find one of those used eBay (essentially junkyard pulled out of a wrecked scrap car) transmissions and hope it works and you can get your $200-500 money’s worth out of it for however long it lasts, try to get the mileage of the car it came out of

That’s what some convertible top man said about replacing the top on my dads 97 Mustang GT convertible top “well I’ll charge you X and then I’ll see if I can get it installed or not, and then I’ll charge you more if I had a hard time with it, or if I don’t get it back together I’ll give you all the spare parts leftover” needless to say, my dad and I spent 3 days, hours each day doing it ourselves watching a tutorial video each step

·
Registered
286 Posts
Close to 300 wanted to find some evo heads hopefully one of these days and turbo charge the bastard lol

Evo heads to turbocharge? You don’t need that lol even if I end up going for 500HP I ain’t swapping heads. That’s another pain to tune as well. A bolt on eclipse and tuned should give you what you want but at 300HP you could buy the eclipse GT. If not interested in so then turbo or Nitrous is an option. For 300Hp engine has to be somewhat built stock won’t handle much for longer specially if daily. Manuals are cake to rebuild compared to autos. Autos are like a puzzle like a maze and it has long round small clips and bands and check balls for the valve body it’s like a whole another level of complexity. I’ve thought about contacting IPT if you’re interested in rebuilding your trans. They have a $500 kit of upgraded clutch packs for the F4A4B trans.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’ll be a couple weeks but how hard is that to do never really screwed transmissions besides jerking around with manuals lol never tore down automatics...ever lol but that doesn’t sound bad but no I definitely want to build the hell out of it but not sure really what’s this block all capable of with this mivec I’m used to old stuff man

1 - 20 of 64 Posts