Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cause i found a really good junkyard trans actually 90k near my house 45 day warranty and they tested and pulled it picking it up this weekend or next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
That’ll be a couple weeks but how hard is that to do never really screwed transmissions besides jerking around with manuals lol never tore down automatics...ever lol but that doesn’t sound bad but no I definitely want to build the hell out of it but not sure really what’s this block all capable of with this mivec I’m used to old stuff man

Evo 8 guys use our block (4g69) for stroker builds and for 800HP builds. Also one guy with either a 4g63t or 4g64 used the 4g69 crank for 1k Hp and at 1,100Hp is when it started microcracking so he turned it down. Before you even think about boosting or Nitrous or any kind of forced induction you got bigger issues. The F4A4B trans stock form won’t handle more than 250Whp and even then it hangs before it shifts. Do your research there’s only a handful of auto eclipses turbo and bolt on. One is Jhun35 build and another is Tsensational build. Read and research I’ve spent hours and months researching about building the auto but instead of spending 3k rebuilding it for idk how much capable HP I rather manual swap. But that’s me. Do your research and read. It’s easier for you since you own a Eclipse. It was way harder for me since I own a Galant.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Cause i found a really good junkyard trans actually 90k near my house 45 day warranty and they tested and pulled it picking it up this weekend or next

That’s great how much they asking for it? 90k miles is not bad. I have mine at 139k(73k more than when I bought it) and I’ve yet to change the trans fluid... runs great and shifts good tho

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ahh I thought the galant and the evos had similar wheel base?

04-12 9G Galant has 2.4 and 3.8 4 speed auto and 5 speed auto . 09-12 they only had the 2.4 and 4 speed auto.
06-12 Eclipse they had the 2.4 with 4 speed auto and 5spd manual and the 3.8 5 speed auto and 6 spd manual.
04-06 Lancer Ralliart has the 4g69 as well. Also Evos have an AWD drivetrain. It’s the lancers that shares most things with eclipse and the Galant.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
240 plus core which thought wasn’t to bad see my ultimate goal overall was do a complete evo swap besides build a cage (have welding capabilities and also a diesel mechanic) thinking about only leaving it fwd tho but continuing coil overs going to have a well let’s say different exhaust set up than everyone else 54” spoiler diffuser splitter etc the picture is in my head lol

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So is it true they make a cap to block off the 4wd and make it fwd and I mean obviously I imagine cv axels are gonna be a pain to make/buy

·
Registered
281 Posts
240 plus core which thought wasn’t to bad see my ultimate goal overall was do a complete evo swap besides build a cage (have welding capabilities and also a diesel mechanic) thinking about only leaving it fwd tho but continuing coil overs going to have a well let’s say different exhaust set up than everyone else 54” spoiler diffuser splitter etc the picture is in my head lol

Complete Evo swap for 300Hp? Not even worth it honestly. FWD LSD and some good tires would grip hard enough. It all depends on what the end goal is. Track ? Daily? Weekend warrior? If it’s just daily all these things will add to the roughness and uncomfortableness. An Evo trans swap isn’t just a cake. Easily 10k goes into it plus of course you need the TCU if using auto .

·
Registered
281 Posts
So is it true they make a cap to block off the 4wd and make it fwd and I mean obviously I imagine cv axels are gonna be a pain to make/buy

It’s not 4wd. It’s AWD. All the time AWD. And why would you want to make an AWD only run like FWD? That’s very contradictory might as well stay auto FWD. cv axles could be used from the Evo or anything that fits and works.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well the end game plan would be manual conversion but for now daily/weekend warrior have a truck as back up just Incase

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well from what I’m hearing there’s only like maybe 2 or 3 people that have successfully done it from sources on here

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well the end game plan would be manual conversion but for now daily/weekend warrior have a truck as back up just Incase

For now swap the auto for running one. Get it running right and find a Eclipse with a manual. The more complete it is the better so you can have the ECU, key and ignition lock cylinder and the engine bay wiring.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well from what I’m hearing there’s only like maybe 2 or 3 people that have successfully done it from sources on here

I’m not saying it’s impossible but dumping 10k on a car that would only be making 140 more HP than stock is a waste. I rather dump 10k on a built Ls1 5.7 vette and twin turbo it for 300-500Hp above stock. Also there’s a reason why only very few have done it.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
True well the engine and trans was outta a roll over out near where I’m at at for 1,200 with wiring harnesses but again like u said I so let’s say one does manual swap because my engine on has 149k on it what can one do for now to get up to that 250 mark?

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Obviously no on the dot not trying to push it but damn man I feel my old eclipses had more power

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Understood just really love this car one of these days (in future) won’t be driven daily lol man see I grew up with racing games the one of my favorites was nfs most wanted and if u can guess what my car was on that (2006 Eclipse) and was mechanic for damn over half my life now so this car kinda holds a soft spot in chest for me lol

21 - 40 of 64 Posts