Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So im new here obviously. Im 16 years old and im getting my 2nd car. I have the money and i found a 2006 gt with only 93,000 miles for $2500. The ad says it just needs paint and that it runs well. I ran the vin on one of those websites and it doesnt show any crash reports. But it doesn't look like the fender lines up correctly in the pictures. Any advice? should i just stay away? I live around 3 hours away so thats the downside. Im gonna call tomorrow and ask about it. I just wanted an opinion from guys that have the car and knows what they are worth. Thanks!:D

ad says:
"Full sports package Eclipse, sunburst orange (though paint needs work), mechanically and electrically running fine with no issues and no warning lights. Light mileage for several years now. Heated seats, floodlights, Aux cord, power windows, sunroof, 650W Rockford Fosgate stereo system with 6-disc changer. V6 and manual transmission. $2800OBO, will take for $2600 if you use Venmo"

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Ouch... that's some bad paint. I'm probably late to this, but it doesn't seem to be a terrible idea. Be aware, even though its 93k miles, its almost ready for its 100k checkup, where it needs a bunch of stuff done to it (fluids, belts, stuff like that). It might cost more than to buy a higher mileage eclipse that has already had it done, but then your car might not last as long... its really your own call.

That paint is awful, and its going to cost a lot to get it repainted. Do NOT try to paint it yourself, it won't work. I promise. Aside from that, it's a steal. Glad you're going manual :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts