Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
08 SE. stock. Only rims
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok at some point someone has had it happen....
Getting called a ricer it absolutely blows my mind about the car world.
I by no means think my car is fast or going to talk junk about someone’s car.
Who else can say all car lives matter?!?

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
I've not had it happen in quite a while. That said, a slow sports car of any sort is a rice car in a way. If it's race inspired, but just cosmetic... That's the way it is.

Others will just say it because the car is Asian in deaign, and it's fair to laugh at them

Overall though, if you're going to cars and coffee events, and people are like that, I wonder why you bother being with them. I stopped going to stuff like that 2-3 years ago. Tracks are where the best crowd is. At my local track, a 90s Corolla was the star for a day, not the modded viper or the 4c

·
Registered
08 SE. stock. Only rims
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok
I've not had it happen in quite a while. That said, a slow sports car of any sort is a rice car in a way. If it's race inspired, but just cosmetic... That's the way it is.

Others will just say it because the car is Asian in deaign, and it's fair to laugh at them

Overall though, if you're going to cars and coffee events, and people are like that, I wonder why you bother being with them. I stopped going to stuff like that 2-3 years ago. Tracks are where the best crowd is. At my local track, a 90s Corolla was the star for a day, not the modded viper or the 4c
You are exactly right on that.
Me and my son went to a sonic one city over.
Little did I know there was a car meeting up there smh.
My son is like me and loves cars he’s 7.
I had my sunroof open and I could here the little comments.
Little do they know I have a few friends that have very nice cars.
I called them up and boom they showed up.
A new skyline a new surpa a 700 hp s2000 a evo and a BWM.
Boy did they get the wrong idea about me and my car.
yes it was worth it in the long runhahahah

·
1,969 Posts

Others will just say it because the car is Asian in design, and it's fair to laugh at them

I love the way u put that, yes the real car enthusiasts will be at the race track, hard to find any on the street. Cars and coffee's are just rich guys usually with big loans with their garage queen. Imagine those old boomer Corvette owners

·
Registered
08 SE. stock. Only rims
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the way u put that, yes the real car enthusiasts will be at the race track, hard to find any on the street. Cars and coffee's are just rich guys usually with big loans with their garage queen. Imagine those old boomer Corvette owners
yes! There’s quite a few of them around here.
They even have the Corvette jackets haha

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
Cars and coffee around me is either a corvette meet at the beach, or a bunch of college kids in either expensive leases they could never afford without their parents, and guys telling anyone that shows up with a performance build how wrong they are about everything as they stand beside their base models 1g eclipse, 2g eclipse, neon, have a cavalier 2.2 (usually one of the faster ones at the meet), and talk about how they could do X mod or how the top trim is so great.

It got old. Fast.

·
1,969 Posts
Cars and coffee around me is either a corvette meet at the beach, or a bunch of college kids in either expensive leases they could never afford without their parents, and guys telling anyone that shows up with a performance build how wrong they are about everything as they stand beside their base models 1g eclipse, 2g eclipse, neon, have a cavalier 2.2 (usually one of the faster ones at the meet), and talk about how they could do X mod or how the top trim is so great.

It got old. Fast.
We have a racing scene in my town with meetups in the summer and people doing pulls down the 4 lane road avoiding police lol
There's a few cool cars that are actually built, some just bought, and a lot of people just there lying about the mods their car doesn't have or talking about crazy things that they will never do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts