Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
84 Posts
I have cheap ebay ones. They don't say eclipse or anything but are basically the same. The install was pretty much the same except mine came with spacers for the bolts to go through. Lining up the bolts was my biggest problem.

I didnt have to take off the door panels as when I replaced my stock ones before I never put the screws back in from the back.

Mine seem to have held up well. My biggest complaint is in the summer they get hot and in the winter cold.

·
Registered
2009 Eclipse GS Auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have cheap ebay ones. They don't say eclipse or anything but are basically the same. The install was pretty much the same except mine came with spacers for the bolts to go through. Lining up the bolts was my biggest problem.

I didnt have to take off the door panels as when I replaced my stock ones before I never put the screws back in from the back.

Mine seem to have held up well. My biggest complaint is in the summer they get hot and in the winter cold.
you happen to have the link to the ones you got? I can only find the OEM ones on ebay. I didn’t even think about how hot it would be in the summer since it’s pure aluminum.

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
84 Posts
If I goto ebay and click on the item I purchased, it says it can not find the link. Apparently they arent for sale on ebay anymore. I searched for different things trying to find them and I didn't come up with anything either.

·
Registered
2009 Eclipse GS Auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I goto ebay and click on the item I purchased, it says it can not find the link. Apparently they arent for sale on ebay anymore. I searched for different things trying to find them and I didn't come up with anything either.
yea the only ones i could find are just the stock replacement ones but thanks for looking. i’ll probably just get the ACI ones.

·
Super Moderator
357 Posts
These are the ones I bought about a year ago. SUPER easy to install. I would keep looking for these ones before buying OEM ones.

Rectangle Font Electric blue Circle Number

·
Registered
2007 Eclipse GT
91 Posts
I actually bought exactly those ones off of autocity. I believe they have updated the instructions (and added a video) since I got them (I let them know abt the problem) Because it basically used to say you could do it without removing the door panel (which isn't true but is kinda possible and what I did)

Basically my factory ones were already breaking and ready to die so I pried the front half off and then straight up broke the back half off, never removed the door panel. You will then have to deal with the bolted parts that would have held the handle to the door, which are much better secured. To get these off, IIRC just unscrew the bolts. Then you have to take out the small screws holding them in from the back i think (cant remember exactly about the small ones). Theres 2 for each door handle. I let 1 from each fall into the door because I wasn't precise enough and they jump around from time to time while driving but it's really no problem. Ideally, you'll just want to catch them from behind by reaching through the hole.

Installation of the new ones is very, very easy. Its been over 2 years since Ive installed them and I absolutely love how solid they are, compared to the shoddy factory ones. feels like I'm closing a real car door now lol. SO SOLID. No more bending/creaking. Also the aluminium and ECLIPSE engraving give your interior a pretty nice touch.

Only downside I can think of would be that they get cold af when you leave your car outside in the winter.

I would buy them again, just be very careful and very patient removing the factory handles if you're not planning on removing the door panel for the installation. If you are up to taking off the door panel, you might have seen the video on the product's page exhibiting that strategy.

·
Registered
2006 GT Manual.
84 Posts
I think the ones IBlackSunday has is the exact ones I bought. They are from the same seller. I cant really see the picture to well. I couldn't see replacing the drivers door one again for half the cost of those just to have it break again.

·
Registered
2009 Eclipse GS Auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually bought exactly those ones off of autocity. I believe they have updated the instructions (and added a video) since I got them (I let them know abt the problem) Because it basically used to say you could do it without removing the door panel (which isn't true but is kinda possible and what I did)

Basically my factory ones were already breaking and ready to die so I pried the front half off and then straight up broke the back half off, never removed the door panel. You will then have to deal with the bolted parts that would have held the handle to the door, which are much better secured. To get these off, IIRC just unscrew the bolts. Then you have to take out the small screws holding them in from the back i think (cant remember exactly about the small ones). Theres 2 for each door handle. I let 1 from each fall into the door because I wasn't precise enough and they jump around from time to time while driving but it's really no problem. Ideally, you'll just want to catch them from behind by reaching through the hole.

Installation of the new ones is very, very easy. Its been over 2 years since Ive installed them and I absolutely love how solid they are, compared to the shoddy factory ones. feels like I'm closing a real car door now lol. SO SOLID. No more bending/creaking. Also the aluminium and ECLIPSE engraving give your interior a pretty nice touch.

Only downside I can think of would be that they get cold af when you leave your car outside in the winter.

I would buy them again, just be very careful and very patient removing the factory handles if you're not planning on removing the door panel for the installation. If you are up to taking off the door panel, you might have seen the video on the product's page exhibiting that strategy.
thanks for all the info. my factory ones aren’t broken and messed up, i just hate the cheap feel of the plastic. the auto city ones are the pair i’m planning on getting. i did see the video on the product page about the install and i’m going to just follow the video and take the whole panel off.
it only took the guy in the video around 5 minutes so it will probably actually take about 30ish per door for a regular guy like me. seems like a solid investment. i have to leave my car out in the winter so there’s no way around them being cold but that’s not a big enough issue for me to not get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts