Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been dealing with this for the longest time. It used to be every six months and now it feels every other day. I go to start my car, and get clicks. Ill let it sit a moment, and it starts up with a P0335 code, which is the crankshaft position sensor. People tell me its a false throw and its the starter. I work at a parts store and threw the test box on the car and everything came back normal.

My battery tested fine, but there was 719 cca, when it was rated for 540. I thought it was the alternator doing this, but it came back clean too. Starter came back at 11.10v, which I think 12 is the norm? Im just confused and with work cutting hours my paychecks arent exactly jumping with extra money, so Im trying to fix it the first time. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,617 Posts
I dont, I will try and find one though.
You could check the timing marks by pulling the upper timing belt covers, rotate the crank over until it matches the timing mark on the lower cover, and see how things are. That'll tell you about the physical side, but won't tell you if the sensors themselves are working right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts