Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, first post, i came across the site after purchasing an 04 galant 4g69 engine that needed a timing belt overhaul. Losts of noise and chatter. Got the car for $600 and drove a little. the car was in time when I purchased it and before I began to work on it. I have so far taken off the timing cover and while trying to find top dead center I turned the crankshaft counter clockwise skipping a tooth or 2 on the crankshaft the cam stayed in place. I removed the crankshaft pulley and cover while the camshaft stayed around TDC and just stopped and left it alone. I didn't want to crank the car or turn the crankshaft and bend a valve or worse. I can video chat send pics phone call etc. I can pay anyone who can help me feel reassured with a method of getting back in time anyway they prefer. lets say $10 up front to show you im serious and $40 after I have the info I need. or whatever amount seems acceptable to whomever. Please just PM me on here with a phone number and we can go from there.
PS I have searched the forum which has gotten me this far (thanks for the free info guys!) But am stumped and scared seeing how I jumped a tooth so like I said I just left it alone after I felt it jump while turning counter clockwise. The belt was really loose and I feel like if I had removed the spark plugs and released the compression I wouldn't be needing the advice but I would still be a member.
Thanks for the time reading all of this.
matt

·
2,510 Posts
I can help you with the positions the pulleys and crank needs to be at to get it back in time if you want! We’re always here to help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I truly appreciate your reply. I got it all back together today and am veryhappy with my results. Im glad I was not the first to do this cuz the balance shaft that has the 3:1gearing. Ill pat myself on hte back and keep her a going thanks to the people on this wonderful site!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
Geez, how'd I miss this one. The title caught my eye today as a spam article until I read it.

I'm glad it worked out for you, I could have walked you through the process for free. Nobody on here is trying to sell knowledge, everyone just wants to help.

Well, hopefully there's enough fun info for you to stick around. Good luck with the future work. Have you got any plans currently?

·
2,510 Posts
Yeah he didn’t send anybody any money he got it figured out

I’d highly recommend the Tearstone manual for free for this car too on their website

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the manual! Im trouble shooting other things right now. simple stuff. Thanks again. I look forward to becoming a good active memeber of this community. I wonder if the guys on the old board miss me yet haha! maybe ill check in with the nissan guys and give an update. thanks for the link saber and thank you freak for actually responding to my op so quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts