Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm "building" a 2008 gs with cheap aftermarket parts (mainly building the car to learn more). I bought this ebay catback exhaust For 06-09 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G 2.4L 4" Tip Muffler S.S Catback Exhaust Piping | eBay
I just have a question:
Since eclipses don't have a flange after the cat, does that mean that this exhaust removes the cat and gets bolted to where the cat was?
Anyone who has bought this item can answer me pelase!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm "building" a 2008 gs with cheap aftermarket parts (mainly building the car to learn more). I bought this ebay catback exhaust For 06-09 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G 2.4L 4" Tip Muffler S.S Catback Exhaust Piping | eBay
I just have a question:
Since eclipses don't have a flange after the cat, does that mean that this exhaust removes the cat and gets bolted to where the cat was?
Take this from me, don't get it, i bought it slapped it on lasted about 6 months and the muffler part came loose and made an awful rattle sound.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just have a question:
Hey, do you happen to have a before and after sound clip that you can share? Sorry if I’m reviving an old thread haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have one of the stock exhaust, but here's a muffler delete vs the catback. Muffler delete sounds better in my opinion
They're both from my 2008 gs.

Muffler Delete - YouTube
Ebay catback - YouTube
Hey man, thanks for the vids! Super helpful. In your opinion would you recommend it? How has it held up so far? Is it a good volume or too loud/quiet? I’m considering getting one but the quality is a concern of mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man, thanks for the vids! Super helpful. In your opinion would you recommend it? How has it held up so far? Is it a good volume or too loud/quiet? I’m considering getting one but the quality is a concern of mine.
sorry for the late response.
I wouldnt recommend it, it was raspy and started rattling after 6 months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sorry for the late response.
I wouldnt recommend it, it was raspy and started rattling after 6 months.
I installed the exhaust on September 30th 😂

I assume it will start to rattle eventually as you’re the 2nd person to say that it started to rattle. I’ll consider it a temporary mod until I decide where I want to go with the car.

I do agree that its raspy, I don’t really like the rasp sound and it was a concern of mine when I was considering buying it.

I also had fitment issues with it and had to drill some holes a bit bigger in order for the exhaust to fit.

However, I do like the volume of it. It’s not too loud, it’s a nice in-between and it’s pretty tame imo. There’s also little to no drone in the cabin.

Buuuuut for 160 bucks what do you expect lol. You get what you pay for.

Also they call it a Catback but you have to remove a cat to install it, wtf 😂

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,789 Posts
I installed the exhaust on September 30th 😂

I assume it will start to rattle eventually as you’re the 2nd person to say that it started to rattle. I’ll consider it a temporary mod until I decide where I want to go with the car.

I do agree that its raspy, I don’t really like the rasp sound and it was a concern of mine when I was considering buying it.

I also had fitment issues with it and had to drill some holes a bit bigger in order for the exhaust to fit.

However, I do like the volume of it. It’s not too loud, it’s a nice in-between and it’s pretty tame imo. There’s also little to no drone in the cabin.

Buuuuut for 160 bucks what do you expect lol. You get what you pay for.

Also they call it a Catback but you have to remove a cat to install it, wtf 😂
I pay $250 Canadian for custom exhausts, made on my car at a shop, with a muffler. The trick is to use mild steel to get a good sound, not paper thin stainless. Material thickness is what controls how buzzy and high pitch the exhaust is more than anything else

1 - 9 of 9 Posts