Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we have a brand new, in the box set of EBC Redstuff Front Brake Pads.

These are good for GT, GS, and Galant front brakes.

Performance ceramic pads Made in England. Usually around $120, these are $75 plus shipping.

Come get 'em!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know really, never used PowerStop products. I assume the price difference is quality of materials used and testing. There's tons of reviews for Redstuff out there, but brake pads are pretty subjective in terms of driving style vs dust and noise, wear life, etc. YMMV as they say, but Redstuff seems widely regarded as a top choice.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,932 Posts
Redstuff are seen as a street friendly entry level pad for track use.

Low noise, and handle higher heat than many ceramic pads before falling apart. I can't say for sure they're better than Powerstop, or that they aren't though.

They are NOT a track pad, for that, you'll be looking metallic, but these are a compromise that can be abused a bit

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redstuff are seen as a street friendly entry level pad for track use.

Low noise, and handle higher heat than many ceramic pads before falling apart. I can't say for sure they're better than Powerstop, or that they aren't though.

They are NOT a track pad, for that, you'll be looking metallic, but these are a compromise that can be abused a bit
This is all true and correct. I wouldn't recommend Redstuff for autocross or road racing, like any ceramic pad, but definitely for heavy or higher speed street driving. I found the Yellowstuff pad to be fine on the track, but less cold bite on the street. Also, the dust was too intense for a handful of track days per year. Redstuff is top shelf for heavier, high horsepower street cars with low dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts