Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, late last night I was out with a couple friends eating, and afterwards my buddy with his CRX whos been teaching all of us how to drive stick slowly, decided to teach us some more, so we headed out to the biggest parking lot we can find. After several stalls, I decided I wanted to see how fast I can get the eclipse down the parking lot, probably less that an 1/8 of a mile. So my best time was 8.5s, after my bud saw me do it he did it twice, and his best........................ 7.6s. I never thought it would be that fast but he basically woulda destroyed me if we lined up. We just went one by one, and after trying 5 times, I couldn't beat him. :mecry: That bastard is fast. Now I gotta beat him down that strip! I got a video his crx doing his run! Estimate how long it is, I have no idea with the length lol..

and a pic of everyone, well the bros!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup pretty sure it was stock, I helped him change his oil one time too and didn't see anything changed...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xD he's not using it for racing, lol he bought it for gas saving! Still sad I lost to him though...

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Considering his CRX probably only weighs 2000 lbs, I can see it being a little quicker. If you're not already modded, just grab some of the basics and you should be fine. Though, from your post I'm a little confused. Your GS is a stick, right? If so, matching his times may be as simple as getting more comfortable with your shift points.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only got a CAI, GT TB, TB bypass going on... and nope I'm an auto :( He's teaching me stick with his CRX though!

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Ah, well once you're full bolt-on I think you can happily beat his 89, lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YAY! although, I don't think I wanna mess with my exhaust... I think I'm just gonna put a stiffy on, and gut the OEM headers, still trying to find an extra one for smog test later on... How does that sound to beat that CRX? lol

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
As I recall the OEM GS exhaust is extremely restrictive. Gutting will be beneficial, but you could just as easily grab RRE headers, and a cat-back; but use a high-flow cat so avoid pesky emissions tests. Besides, I KNOW there are shops that will pass you despite being modified. Might cost you a little extra, but it's worth it. But, if you really don't want to go that route, then at least grab a reflash for better use of the mods you do have. Stiffy is a good bet though..but don't you need an adaptor to fit the GS?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you mean this? :fever:

Anyways, I'm thinking just to save some money gutting headers buying a used one off someone just for smog testing.

I read around on a thread earlier that in CA, shops aren't allowed to install high flow cats :( And is the "dual" exhaust maybe less restrictive then the old prior 2009 ones? I have the 2011 so it came with the "dual" exhaust even though mine is a GS.

I wanna do mods that are all reversible easily.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
you mean this? :fever:

Anyways, I'm thinking just to save some money gutting headers buying a used one off someone just for smog testing.

I read around on a thread earlier that in CA, shops aren't allowed to install high flow cats :( And is the "dual" exhaust maybe less restrictive then the old prior 2009 ones? I have the 2011 so it came with the "dual" exhaust even though mine is a GS.

I wanna do mods that are all reversible easily.

Haha, that's the one! Show off.... ^_^

Well technically speaking no shop is allowed to remove a working catalytic converter since it's against federal laws. That doesn't mean that shops won't do it though. Now since you have the I-4, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to swap headers when it's time for testing. A day's work at most. Since you have the duals, you'd have to either go super custom or see if the RRE duals for the GT also work with the GS. Considering they're only axle-back exhausts, you can change those very quickly as well. Of course you can also get custom axle-backs made with your choice of muffler...totally up to you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe if I need it I'll eventually go to exhaust work not really sure how it works? Is changing it as unscrewing some screws and hooking on a different one? I hope I'll be satisfied after gutting the headers :)

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
That's a pretty cool group shot.....you'll cherish that pic in a few years.....I miss my car buddies. -nogayshit-....which One are you in the pic?

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
my exhaust consisted of ripp long tubes, straight piped to a 24" testpipe out to a megan exhaust...it really killed my tq....id def get a reflash after doing exhaust work.

·
Yes i'm a chick!
250 Posts
Hell no he didn't run a damn 8.5 in 1/8th. Lol no possible way no worries I'm going for club 4g 1/8th mile record.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
8.5s in 1/8 mile??? i too have a gs auto...9.9 is my best run...not callin u out but post ur slip and tell me us ur secret
we're you going uphill? 8.5 doesnt seem out of the norm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm the middle asian! ^_^

And no not sure what the length was as said in the op, I said it was probably shorter than an 1/8 of a mile because of the time... but IDK now since kevin says its not outta the norm.. edit: Now that I searched around it was probably a lot less than 1/8 mile, because I see GS hardly getting under 10s.... I'm just lightly modded too.. I really wanna go measure how long that strip is lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts