Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Eclipse Gt special edition, with stripes

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Timmy 
#1 ·
Just found this for sale in mexico, the owner is claming its a super rare version, custom made by mitsubishi Mexico, only 50 units, he asking for 10k, i never heard of nothing like this for the 4g, can someone deny or confirm this

See less See more
#3 ·
It could have been custom painted by a dealership in Mexico, but that makes it no more special than the Nissan Kicks Sport that a dealer in my home town sells (they put stripes on a base model, call it a sport, and sell it at fully loaded price).

Another more popular one is with trucks. Lots of people want a modded truck but want a warranty from a dealership. So that's how you can end up with a "Silverado Spiderman", which definitely isn't a Chevy package. Custom Truck & Performance Centre - Georgetown Chevrolet Buick GMC

It's not a Mitsubishi trim, but I won't say he doesn't genuinely think it is.

#4 ·
It could have been custom painted by a dealership in Mexico, but that makes it no more special than the Nissan Kicks Sport that a dealer in my home town sells (they put stripes on a base model, call it a sport, and sell it at fully loaded price).

Another more popular one is with trucks. Lots of people want a modded truck but want a warranty from a dealership. So that's how you can end up with a "Silverado Spiderman", which definitely isn't a Chevy package. Custom Truck & Performance Centre - Georgetown Chevrolet Buick GMC

It's not a Mitsubishi trim, but I won't say he doesn't genuinely think it is.
I agree, that would be the most logical explanation, I don't think it is even the SE trim, it doesn't have the black side mirrors.

#6 ·
Even if it is some special version. It's not worth 10k imo. No 4g eclipse is worth 10k unless it's like boosted or if it had less than 50k miles or something. My gs was about that condition when I bought it, and I paid 5k for it. Either that guy is trying to scam you, or he got scammed by a dealership because I don't think that's anything special. Looks like a normal gt with some custom decals.

#7 ·
Im not buying, just curious about it, i never heard of something like this, and i agree that its too much for a 4g, just messaged the owner he told me he bought it directly from Mitsu Mexico, and the car has 7k miles, claims the stripes were from factory

#8 ·
I’d say it’s prob worth $7-8k just for condition and low mileage

but, as we’ve said before, low mileage can be just as bad as high mileage in some cases/areas

just due to the car sitting around, it’s much more likely for seals especially oil seals to go bad when a car isn’t driven, and wheel bearings; brakes seizing up, tires getting flat spots

and just due to the sheer age of the car anyway (all of these are at least 9 years old), you’re gonna have to go through the whole checklist of maintenance items even if they only have that low mileage; like timing belt whole kit and new spark plugs etc

#9 ·
DAMN that is LOW miles for a GT!
And with a Terracotta interior.

If the A/T doesn't bother you much, I'd say get it.
I would :)

I wouldn't even care about the decals. Schmeecals. And spider swirls buff off.
DOO EET!

I remember the last time I saw a brand new, never titled GT with TC interior. Manual. 2012. Was in 2014, I believe. Kitchener, ON, Canada. At the time I was like... meh... already have one. I wish I weren't so bull-headed back then. Would have been nice to have one in pristine condition. Not to mention, the exchange rate back then!

Ahh perspective...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.