Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Eclipse and the battery , alternator and starter have already been replaced . When we try to crank it nothing happens like the battery automatically dies. So i jump started it with another vehicle and it ran fine while connected but then once i took the jumper cables off it runs really rough like its running on 2 cylinders . Has anyone had this problem before? Please let me know if anyone can tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Check the grounds, and the wires make sure no rat was eating the wires. The ECU is weird on that sense that any little change in voltage and the car will act up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hm, how old is the battery? Maybe you need a new one? Try putting in another battery and see if that works. I would clean all connections too -- battery terminals, wiring, etc. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it is running fine while connected to the other car and you already changed the battery, alternator, and starter it had to be the wires between those items. As noted above, check all the grounds and clean all the electrical connections. Make sure the insulation on all the wires is good. You would be amazed at how corroded a wire can get inside the insulation if it had a cut or crack it it. You can narrow the search down by checking the voltages at the various connections.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts