Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got myself an automatic 2012 eclipse spyder gs.

The mechanic said I need new engine mounts and transmission mounts, any recommendations on which ones I need to get?

Thanks!

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
Welcome to the club

Take your pick, only the Energy Suspension are stiffer than stock. If it's the driver's side trans mount, that's a tricky one to get as a non-performance version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club

Take your pick, only the Energy Suspension are stiffer than stock. If it's the driver's side trans mount, that's a tricky one to get as a non-performance version.

I get kinda confused, how many engines mounts does it has and how many transmission mounts?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
The engine and trans are connected. Don't worry too much about the semantics. There are 4 mounts total. Front, rear, driver's side, passenger side. Front goes to the trans but is usually called a motor mount. Rear goes to the trans but is usually called a motor mount. Passenger side is engine only. Driver's side is trans

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The engine and trans are connected. Don't worry too much about the semantics. There are 4 mounts total. Front, rear, driver's side, passenger side. The front goes to the trans but is usually called a motor mount. Rear goes to the trans but is usually called a motor mount. Passenger side is engine only. Driver's side is trans
got it! Found this, that's all 4 right?

A4624 9305 EM-9305: Front Mount

A4628 9281 EM-9281: Front Right Mount

A4629 9382 EM-9382: Rear Mount

A4656 9691: Manual Transmission Mount

one of them has manual in the name which throws me off
Light Black Camera accessory Font Sleeve

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
I've never owned an auto eclipse, so can't speak to any truth about a manual and auto mount being the same. The pressed in bushings should be though.

If you're handy, you also could still out the rubber a bit and pump in construction urethane. $10 fix, and stiffens the mounts beyond stock easily. That gives better handling, and reduced torque steer, not that torque steer is a big issue on a GS auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts