Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been wondering what's the best engine block for a 07 eclipse 2.4?? Is it better to jus bore it out or swap the engine?? But what engine would u swap it with??

·
2,535 Posts
So I been wondering what's the best engine block for a 07 eclipse 2.4?? Is it better to jus bore it out or swap the engine?? But what engine would u swap it with??
Our 4G69 is a 4G63 with bigger coolant jacket holes that’s already bored out nearly to the max, 100mm forged crank and 88mm bore

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I forgot where I seen were it said that you can swap our engine with a 2jz engine?? Is that even possible??

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,069 Posts
@Kyle, it's 87mm bore not 88.

And sure, it's possible, and it's not even that expensive. My buddy Alex is doing it right now, but the only reason he can is because he's into fabricating stuff like that. You need to do up the rear end as if you were making it AWD (endeavor subframe, etc), a custom front end, to cut out and build a larger trans tunnel, custom driveshaft, custom rear suspension (endeavor subframe mounts things about 6" off, BC Extreme Low coilovers can bridge the gap and make it about stock though), and a ton of work. Then you're best off running a standalone ECU, cutting a hole for the shifter, custom interior to accommodate (if you're going to have any panels inside)

It's about the same effort as any other longitudinal swap. If I were to go that route, I'd have done a Chevy V8. But I'm not going that route.

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
128 Posts
Just build the 4g69. It's not a terrible engine to make power on. Unless you want over 1khp, but at that point just get a better car.

·
2,535 Posts
Just build the 4g69. It's not a terrible engine to make power on. Unless you want over 1khp, but at that point just get a better car.
Yeah idk why you’d wanna do some non 4G6* engine swap for no reason

the 4G63 and its cousins are literally one of the best 4 cylinders ever made, use that to your advantage

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
128 Posts
Yeah idk why you’d wanna do some non 4G6* engine swap for no reason

the 4G63 and its cousins are literally one of the best 4 cylinders ever made, use that to your advantage
This is the guy who was asking about the twin turbos as well. I think he needs to do a little bit of research. His ideas are really ambitious, but he doesn't know enough about the platform yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts